Our top energy client is seeking a Principal Project Engineer
supporting solar farm design and construction. In this position, you will be responsible for managing 3rd party contractor teams to develop engineering designs for solar projects.
Responsibilities span from initial concept definition to construction and final commissioning and require continuous coordination with diverse project stakeholders such as environmental, procurement, transmission services, and project managers for both early stage and construction.A successful candidate will have the following
- Knowledge of the various applicable engineering disciplines including electrical, structural, civil, and materials.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- A record of coordinating project stakeholders and mobilizing teams of engineers to achieve business objectives.
- Experience successfully managing schedules and budgets for major capital projects.
MUST HAVE requirements
- Performing a broad scope of engineering assignments of moderate difficulty requiring knowledge in engineering-related disciplines.
- Conducts independent studies and analysis, and provides interpretations and conclusions.
- May give technical guidance to technicians or lower level engineers.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive engineering programs and activities
- Manages one or more programs of complex diversity and scope which are of critical importance to overall company objectives
- Acts as a subject matter expert
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications (Years of Experience/ Preferred Degree):
- Knowledge in utility scale solar projects
- Someone part of engineering or construction side of solar projects- acres of solar panels, civil, electrical or mechanical (civil is best)
• Bachelor's - Engineering preferred
• Experience: 6+ years
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at