Apex Systems is currently seeking candidates for a Project Engineer supporting one of our major government clients in Hampton, VA.
If interested, please submit your resume to Eirodriguez@apexsystems.com
6 Month Contract to Perm
Onsite in Hampton, VA
Pay Rate : $40- $46hr Position Description
: The IT Project Engineer performs Project Management and IT Network Manager Activities including planning, design, and reporting phases of assessment or demonstration events.General Duties:
- Coordinate with the project team and exercise technical project management skills to understand project objectives, timeline, and engineering requirements.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of project requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Develop project execution schedule to include planning, build, event execution, and tear-down tasks; use basic project management techniques to backward-plan task accomplishment according to intermediate milestones and overall deadlines.
- Employ typical project management tools and techniques to efficiently accomplish project objectives (e.g., labor estimates, task analysis, task duration estimates, schedule deconfliction, communications, team leadership, plans of action, risk mitigation, lessons learned, etc.).
- Lead a team of technical subject matter experts (e.g., network engineer, system administrator, defensive cyber operations, cybersecurity) in maintenance and operations of a project's persistent network environment, to include monthly patches, configuration control, and technical refresh; comply with DoD Cybersecurity policy and regulations.
- Conduct technical coordination meetings with functional team members to communicate project requirements, brainstorm technical solutions, and coordinate task assignments.
- Function as technical advisor and liaison to project leadership; communicate progress, issues, and results.
- Execute lab-based demonstrations and events by coordinating with participants and operating the as-built network environment.
- Occasionally travel in support of network events.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Project, and Visio.
- System administrator, networking, and or information security experience.
- Working knowledge of WAN/LAN networks and the equipment involved; computer systems and network equipment virtualization; data center architecture and components.
- Experience with DoD cyber operations (USCYBERCOM, Navy Fleet Cyber, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Educational equivalency for this position is defined as at least twelve (12) years of experience in the analysis of large-scale systems design.
- Must meet at least two of the following and experience must have been obtained within the past five (5) years:
- Must demonstrate the capability of independent project work and possess as a minimum three (3) years of systems/project engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience with state-of-the art data processing and telecommunication systems (less than two years old) analysis and design of advanced technologies.
- Five (5) years of experience in the application of computer models and simulations used for operational planning.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance and be eligible for Top Secret.
- Must have a CompTIA Security+
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org