Deloitte Consulting LLP's Government and Public Sector (GPS) is looking to hire an experienced Finance Manager with expertise managing USAID contracts, overseeing budgets, leading financial activities for projects in the field to work in our international development practice area.
Example of Responsibilities for the Finance Manager
- Oversee financial management and financial operations in the main field office and satellite offices, including managing local staff, setting up and overseeing financial procedures in line with USAID and Deloitte requirements, and setting up and maintaining financial accounts
- Work with the Deloitte home office team to stand up and ensure day-to-day financial processes procedures are implemented and working properly, with the appropriate checks and balances in place and local owners identified
- Lead local financial activity, including but not limited to: setting up and operating local bank account, making payments from petty cash, requesting advances from the home office as needed, and reviewing and approving project Imprest accounting reports and supporting documentation.
- Manage time and expense reporting, finance, accounting and human resources policies, procedures and standards in alignment with USAID and Deloitte policies and procedure
- Prepare quarterly accrual reports, expenditure reporting, and burn rate projections for USAID and Deloitte home office
- Work with the home office and the field-based leadership (i.e. COP & DCOP) to prepare required quarterly, annual, ad hoc financial reports for USAID
- Act as the lead reviewer for all invoice activity for the project including, including reviewing final invoices before they are submitted to USAID and reviewing and approving any subcontractor invoices and expenditures
- Coordinate with home office and local project staff to ensure all financial activities meet project needs, e.g. accurate and timely production of invoices for USAID, spend plan tools, other financial trackers, and responding to USAID inquires.
- Maintain effective timeliness and quality control process for financial and operational deliverables and financial management processes
- Ensure contract terms are being met and help the team closely follow the projected annual budget and work plan
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant financial or international development field, Master's degree a plus
- Minimum of 5 years in similar financial, compliance, or operational role supporting USAID and international donor projects; dedicated experience operating projects in field a plus
- Experience with budgeting and financial reporting requirements on multimillion-dollar USAID-funded projects
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, financial reporting standards, financial management processes and procedures
- Familiarity with USG Federal Acquisition Regulations and USG contracting rules
- Demonstrated experience operating in developing country environments, including managing projects, budgets, and workstreams as well as local national staff
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to write, communicate, and prepare contractual documents clearly in English
- Professional proficiency in additional languages
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.