By Light is seeking a Project Integration Engineer to join our team providing transport engineering support for our Government customer's DOD and non-DOD interconnected communication infrastructures located world-wide. The candidate is expected to participate in regular meetings with internal program staff, teammates, and the government client on a frequent basis. Effective leadership and communication skills are essential for working among a blended prime/subcontractor program team and developing and maintaining strong client relationships.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), and profit sharing.
* Serve as lead project engineer in the planning and implementation of solutions across multiples technologies and platforms in the DISN and provide end-to-end integrated solutions with a proposed implementation strategy.
* Leverage subject matter experts from across the contract tasks to provide comprehensive solutions.
* Provide design packages that include topology drawings, equipment lists, and network plans.
* Provide recommendations on specific procedures for operating and managing DISN transport; including methodologies associated with cost recovery, administration, and billing.
* Support the Government leads/engineers through the development and updating of planning documents and models.
* Develop and maintain a product roadmap schedule to capture the dependencies between projects and identify a long term critical path for DoD IT missions.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
* 10+ years of network systems engineering experience
* Experience with process improvement, strategic planning, change management, and organizational redesign is required.
* Ability to type, communicate via telephone and sit for extended periods of time.
* Working knowledge Microsoft Office Tools; specifically, PowerPoint, Word & Excel.
* Excellent communication, effective leadership, and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated experience with authoring and updating documentation supporting planning to include: engineering guide documents (EGDs), network management plans, requirements analysis, network traffic analysis, engineering planning, network design, financial analysis, network management design, associated engineering analysis.
* DoD and/or Government program experience preferred
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
* Minimum DOD Secret clearance required prior to interview
* Some travel may be required
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Department: Information Technology