Are you a talented Project Integrator looking for the next step in your career
? Check out PSS! Position Description
PSS, Inc. is actively seeking an SME Level Project Integrator
to join our growing team located in Herndon, VA.
The office has a need for a Project Integrator - Project Manager (PI/PM) with experience supporting web applications development activities. The selected candidate will work directly in partnership with the customer's Chief Architect as well as the groups chief staff officer. The candidate will closely coordinate and track risks, accreditation status, and project reporting status across all application project teams. They will also provide the sponsor organization with status of engineering progress from initial development in the cloud to their fully hosted status for all applications produced by the customers group. They will provide project documentation, set up critical milestone reviews, and host such review events for the customer up to and including senior leadership levels as needed. The Project Integrator will support the development of project scope definition and planning, activity definition and sequencing, duration estimates, scheduling, resource allocation, assisting with performing risk management, identifying dependencies, and integrating project and program processes as defined by the Project Management Institute. The Project Integrator will also be responsible for providing project progress information to senior leadership and customer stakeholders. The Project Integrator will maintain the project schedule, and applications portfolio providing regular metrics to senior leadership. The Project Integrator will participate in initial requirements meetings with prospective customers, facilitating requirements sessions as required in support of projects, making recommendations on the software development and testing process for the organization, as well as identifying and mitigating technical risk to projects. Clearance Requirements TS/SCI with Polygraph
(Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required.) Position Requirements
Desired Skills & Experience
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
- Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 16+ years of experience in the following mandatory skills
- Demonstrated experience managing tasks, priorities, and schedules for software development projects.
- Proven experience consolidating project information together into high level project milestone reporting events.
- Past or current experience working with software developers, software system engineers, and software security systems architects.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to lead and facilitate customer meetings.
- Experience defining and managing user requirements.
- Demonstrated experience translating project performance and status into senior officer level information updates.
- Experience with the Sponsor's or Sponsor's Partners' project management processes, procedures and tools.
- Proven experience supporting Sponsor's or Sponsor's Partners' customers and mission.
- Demonstrated experience translating system administration workload associated with Windows and Linux operating system life-cycle support.
- Demonstrated experience translating software development Use Cases or User Stories into non-technical terms diverse senior level audiences.
Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc. (PSS) is a recognized leader in providing Information Technology, Engineering Services, Program Management, and Consulting Services. For over 20 years, PSS has enabled Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. PSS provides a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing local Federal sector workforce.
Our various customers include: US Army, US Navy, DLA, NAVAIR, DOE, DOS, VA, USDA, TRANSCOM, FBI, DHS, DIA, NGA, GSA, AMBC, DOT and the DOC.
Across these customers, we support the following technologies:
If you are a Project Integrator
and are seeking an established, mid-sized company to work for, consider a career at Preferred Systems Solutions!
We offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience, in various areas, depending on your individual aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but also strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively. In addition to a working environment with opportunities for advancement, we also offer the potential for the following benefits (please inquire further for a full list of benefits):
- Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Paid leave (holiday, sick, vacation, etc.)
- 401k plan (employer matching contribution)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Computer purchase programs
- Potential for clearance upgrade, when possible
- Flexible work hours
By joining PSS, you will have the unique opportunity to support various customers across multiple programs. Our excellent recruiting team will not only ensure that we find the best match for your skill set, background, and experience, but will also ensure that we provide you continuous employment through our Workforce Management Program.
PSS is committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer who is committed to hiring a diverse team of professionals to provide world class services and products aimed at exceeding our customer's expectations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. PSS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.