The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. Job Summary
The National Systems Group serves as the technical advisor to the Intelligence Community and its mission partners involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence, including electronics programs, advanced technologies, ground and communications, imagery programs, and systems engineering and launch.
As an Advanced Satellite Components & Payload Engineer in the Technology Development Department (TDD), you will help lead Aerospace efforts in support of high priority projects for our customers that can shapes the future of advanced electronic technologies for space systems.
You will collaborate with customers, contractors, and colleagues to help develop innovative solutions to challenges in space systems development, particularly in the areas of advanced RF technologies, antennas and antenna arrays, communications, signal processing, microwave photonics, and advanced space computing. To do this, you will assist with the identification and resolution of technology challenges, help guide innovative technology solutions into program office activities and help integrate Aerospace expertise into customer programs on timelines that require rapid assessments and sound judgement.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Establishing Aerospace as a trusted partner in the development of advanced technology space systems.
- Collaborating with contractors, colleagues, and matrix engineering organizations to identify and develop innovative solutions in the areas of advanced RF technologies, antennas and antenna arrays, communications, signal processing, microwave photonics, and advanced space computing.
- Help lead Engineering Support Matrix personnel as they assess performance for these critical areas of space technology.
- Briefing management and the customer on topics related to space components development, risks, payoffs, and capabilities.
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, science, or mathematics
- A minimum of 8 years of engineering experience.
- Experience in the areas of advanced RF technologies, antennas and antenna arrays, communications, signal processing, microwave photonics, or advanced space computing.
- Technical breadth, ability, and interest to rapidly acquire a working knowledge in new technical areas.
- Ability and interest to collaborate with engineering resources to help develop technical positions, assessments, and formulate associated courses of action.
- Demonstrated willingness to make significant contributions in a collaborative environment while working in teams.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Desire to work in a collaborative on-site office environment with the customer.
- Ability to support routine travel.
- This position requires a current and active TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance and polygraph issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Masters and/or PhD in Engineering, Science or Math
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment with government customers, FFRDC, contractor and SETA personnel.
- Prior experience and familiarity with DoD, Air Force or Intelligence Community space systems.
- Willingness to learn and implement new and innovative ways to utilize engineering and/or laboratory capabilities in support of program activities.
- Experience with satellite components and satellite payload engineering.
- Understanding of the FFRDC role.
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement