IT Project Leader - Project Manager - Information Technology
Join our Information Technology Project Management Office (PMO) who are a key part of our Software Development Life Cycle partnering with our business, stakeholders, in-house software developers, business systems analysts, software development quality analysts, data analysts, infrastructure team, and leaders.
Our Project Management Office has a wide scope of projects that focus in various arms of our business from our proprietary point-of-sale system supporting 40+ different loan types, wire transfers, money orders, check cashing, cash for gold, pre-paid Visa cards, currency exchange, to our mobile and online financial services, or our application supporting our call centers throughout the US, Canada and England.
Our IT Project Leader supports our software development planning, coordination, requirements gathering, business analysis, specifications development, project monitoring, project status reporting and system implementation of small to large scale proprietary software development business solutions in an agile environment. Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with various departments to understand key success factors, critical needs and what is needed to make each business unit successful. Evaluates needs and provides business / technical solutions. Seeks opportunities to increase stakeholder satisfaction and deepen client relationships. Manage client expectations.
- Manage projects through the use of proven Software Development Life Cycle processes, procedures and tools to include planning, coordinating all project activities, project status meetings, system specifications design and review, technical review, system testing, system implementation, and post implementation review.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans. Responsible for reporting project status to IT Management, business unit project sponsor and other key business leaders as needed.
- Provide day-to-day project coordination, planning and implementation of multiple IT software development projects across all product lines.
- Responsible for collecting, understanding and documenting business requirements and translating those into functional and system design specifications.
- Assist other Project Leader(s) with research, meetings, or other activities as assigned to implement their projects solutions.
- Work with the business unit on long term strategies to better use software development technology and to promote / champion process improvement initiatives.
- Work with software development Business Systems Analyst, Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts to review / understand requirements and specifications for technical design, obtain information on system capabilities, limitations and performance requirements.
- Understand applicable company policies, procedures and other job-specific instructive documents and materials
- Conduct business and perform job duties in a manner consistent with the requirements set forth in all company policies, procedures and other directives, and in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Complete all compliance training assigned to them to understand the key provisions of law, regulation and internal policies and procedures applicable to their job duties, as well as the impact of non-compliance on the company-s reputation and success
- Raise concerns about any practice(s) believed to be a violation of, or inconsistent with, company policies, procedures or other directives, or in violation of legal or regulatory requirements
- Monitor processes and procedures to ensure safety and compliance
- Model the Company-s Vision and Values
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
Education or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum 4 years- experience in a Project Leader / Project Manager position
- Minimum 10 years IT related experience
- Previous experience in banking / financial / collections / retail industry required
- Proven Project Leader experience encompassing small to large mission critical projects
- Proven business analysis / design experience encompassing small to large mission critical projects
- Previous experience with large software development and implementation of client server projects
- Previous employment with a large software development organization a plus
- Excellent communications skills required both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required as this position will work with all levels within the organization
- Prior software design and development experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project; experience with Microsoft SQL a plus
- BSEE, BSCS, BSMIS, or related degree required from an accredited college or university; Master level degree, MBA preferred.
- PMP Certification preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification a plus
We are a leading alternative financial services firm providing valuable and much needed service for hard working consumers with operations in the United States, and Canada. We are proud to serve in the more than 400 store communities, through our multiple contact centers, online and mobile financial services with the ownership of our own pre-paid debit card, short term loans, installment loans, line of credits, and cash for gold, money order, wire transfer, and check cashing services.
We rise to the challenge of designing products and services which not only meet our customers' needs but also meet state-by-state and, in Canada, province-by-province requirements. In the US alone, this equates to over 40 different loan product types and growing! Today, our corporate office is in Wichita, Kansas, birthplace of our company founders. We also have administrative offices in Chicago and Toronto.
CURO Financial Technologies Corp Supports Equal Employment Opportunity. CURO Financial Technologies Corp (dba Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Av-o Credit, Opt+ and Revolve Finance) is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants. This commitment is reflected in all aspects of our daily operations. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information in any personnel practice, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, and discipline. Additionally, we do not discriminate based on any other characteristic protected by applicable state or local law where a particular employee works. In addition, it is the policy of CURO Financial Technologies Corp to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by federal law and any state law where a particular employee works. Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: CURO Financial Technologies Corp, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Av-o Credit, Opt+ and Revolve Finance, and CURO Financial Management accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, CURO Financial Technologies Corp, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Av-o Credit, Opt+, CURO Financial Management, and Revolve Finance employees, or send to any CURO Financial Technologies Corp, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Av-o Credit, Opt+ and Revolve Finance facility. CURO Financial Technologies Corp, CURO Financial Management, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, LendDirect, Av-o Credit, Opt+ and Revolve Finance, is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
PMP, Six Sigma Black Belt, Project, Manager, Leader, Information Technology, Financial, Banking, Retail, Microsoft Project, SQL, Analytical, Business Analysis, Analytical