The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.Job Summary
The National Systems Group serves as the technical advisor to the Intelligence Community and its mission partners involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence, including electronics programs, advanced technologies, ground and communications, imagery programs, and systems engineering and launch.
We are looking for Project Leader that is motivated to create an environment of innovation and success! In this position you will develop new methods for rapidly developing mission options and apply tailored mission assurance principles to leading edge missions in support of the Office of Space Launch (OSL). As a Project Leader you will be responsible for technical and programmatic aspects of launch system integration for National Security Space Launch (NSSL) and/or small launch class missions for the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) programs.
This position can be located in Chantilly, VA or El Segundo, CAWhat You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Primary responsibilities cover the integration of Nationally critical satellite systems with their launch vehicle systems for the OSL. Mission requirements development and verification activities will cover ground, launch, ascent, and deployment phases of operation.
- Serve as the primary interface between launch vehicle and spacecraft Program Offices and respective contractors.
- Perform and coordinate technical analysis and support for mission integration and mission success.
- Coordinate Aerospace resources to support analyses, document reviews, engineering change notice reviews, technical meetings, data reviews, readiness reviews, and operations in multiple disciplines.
- Develop innovative strategies for conducting mission assurance principles for NSSL class missions
- Develop innovative strategies for tailoring mission assurance principles for small class missions
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 8 years of satellite engineering and/or space launch experience
- Understanding of launch vehicle interfaces mission design analysis and launch base operations
- Experience in Space Vehicle/Launch Vehicle integration and requirements verification
- Must have ability to effectively work as part of a multiple-sited Aerospace team.
- Travel up to 1-2 times per month
- This position requires a current TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance and polygraph, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Master's degree in Engineering or related field from a recognized institution.
- Experience coordinating with Aerospace Engineering Matrix organizations to quickly identify appropriate resources and provide quality assessments to fulfill customer needs
- Direct experience with space vehicle hardware (design, fabrication, integration, and testing)
- Ability to identify and effectively resolve complex issues in a timely manner, and to simultaneously work multiple issues.
- Exceptionally effective written and oral communication skills
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement