The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.Job Summary
The National Systems Group serves as the technical advisor to the Intelligence Community and its mission partners involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence, including electronics programs, advanced technologies, ground and communications, imagery programs, and systems engineering and launch.
The Advanced Technology Directorate is seeking a motivated Small Satellite Engineer to help provide concept development, acquisition, and tailored mission assurance for Class C/D system of small satellites in a research and development environment. This Small Satellite Engineer opportunity will lead and help influence an Aerospace team to assist in the development of a high priority experimental system with the potential for significant user benefit.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Working with the program office and their customer base to support research and development of small satellites from concept through acquisition to completion.
- Helping to provide Aerospace tailored mission assurance support for a class C/D system in a research and development organization within a national security space organization.
- Working with the team to provide end-to-end system engineering for a set of new small satellites to include design, performance and risk assessments utilizing Aerospace Engineering Matrix organization.
- Performing in-depth technical analysis, evaluations, and experimentation against identified risk areas using in-house and reachback expertise from the Aerospace Engineering Matrix organization and the Labs across a wide range of satellite development expertise
- Providing system engineering support in the execution of customer programs including: program planning, assessment of end-to-end system design, identification of risk and coordination of risk mitigation activities to ensure mission success.
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, computer science, or related technical discipline
- A minimum of 8 years of increasingly more responsible engineering experience.
- Knowledge of systems engineering processes, project management, risk management, and standards and practices.
- Experience with mission assurance activities to include engineering and analysis, systems analysis, and space systems development.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with senior government management.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic Program Office environment with a mix of government, FFRDC, and SETA personnel.
- Willing to travel domestically approx. 10%
- This position requires a current and active TS/SCI security clearance and polygraph, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Demonstrated experience with research and development programs and helping implement tailored mission assurance.
- Prior experience supporting the planning and development of small satellite systems.
- Demonstrated capability in scoping, leading, and completing projects with a mix of program office and Aerospace Engineering Matrix organization expertise.
- An advanced degree in engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, computer science, or related technical discipline
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement