The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Electronics and Sensors Division (ESD) is a world-class engineering and scientific leader in electronics and remote sensing systems. Our staff includes subject matter experts across a broad range of disciplines includingradio frequency; infrared; visible and spectral sensors; sensor exploitation methods;analog and digital electronics; vehicle power systems; andspace systemelectronic parts, materials and processes. Our expertise, combined with sophisticated in-house laboratories, prototyping, modeling, and simulation capabilities, enables ESD to deliver innovative solutions to national space systems and civil customers. What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Serve as technical leader for the ANalysis, Visualization, and Innovation Laboratory (ANVIL) at Aerospace's El Segundo campus, providing technical insights and thought leadership in overhead persistent infrared (OPIR) mission areas executed by Aerospace customers in the United States Space Force, Space Systems Command; Missile Defense Agency; Space Development Agency; and various intelligence community members.
- Provides critically important integration function by evolving Aerospace's technical credibility in the OPIR mission data processing application domain, connecting OPIR customer facing organizations, and coordinating activities across the engineering backplane.
- Integrate talent from across Aerospace's engineering group in projects that answer key customer questions using the ANVIL secret collateral ecosystem by developing and testing OPIR data processing algorithms for potential operationalization in on-board and ground processing chains.
- Provide insights for risk reduction of space-to-ground intersegment integration for the Next-Generation OPIR system acquisition effort.
- Support OPIR Enterprise Integration activities across the Aerospace backplane by addressing topics such as OPIR clutter mitigation approaches, radiometric calibration, and synthetic scene generation.
- Lead analysis and modeling activities for space-to-ground functional partitioning, requirements allocation/assessment, and concept development for OPIR Analysis of Alternatives, emerging OPIR acquisition programs, and demonstrations
- Lead efforts to evolve modeling and simulation capabilities into Digital Engineering environments
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in science, mathematics, or engineering
- 8 years of experience with overhead persistent infrared systems in one or more of the following areas: space vehicles, payloads, and/or ground systems
- Demonstrated record of successfully leading technical teams and mentoring junior team members
- Understanding of OPIR missile warning and missile tracking mission signal processing chains, both on-board and on the ground.
- Ability to create and maintain software and hardware architectures that can be tailored and reconfigured to meet specific OPIR mission data processing application assessments.
- Willing to travel domestically up to 10%
- This position requires a current and active TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Masters or Ph.D. from an accredited program in science, mathematics, or engineering
- 12 years of experience with overhead persistent infrared systems in one or more of the following areas: space vehicles, payloads, and/or ground systems
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Detailed knowledge of OPIR missile warning and tracking algorithm operation and evaluation best-practices as well as legacy processing paradigms
- Awareness of larger OPIR community trends and key customers/stakeholders
- Proven and dynamic team leader who can cross organizational boundaries to inspire multi-disciplinary teams to deliver quality capability on time and within budget
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement