The Project Management Office (PMO) Manager is a senior level position in charge of a large platform of Omnichannel projects that span the entirety of our business. This position demands a confident leader who is willing to work with all elements of an eCommerce business. This job requires experience in working to manage a diverse portfolio, working with all members of the business and executive team, and managing resources.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the direction of the Project Management Office and works to help steer a diverse portfolio of projects.
- In charge of all of the project managers within the office and works to direct assignments
- Charged with the training, mentorship, and development of project managers within the office
- Work with stakeholders of individual projects as well as the portfolio to ensure that project outcomes align with strategic goals
- Be responsible for the program budget, timeline, scope control, and key deliverables.
- Maintain the critical path and work diligently to foresee future obstacles to program and project success
- Manage large teams, organize stakeholders, and work to develop project management solutions for large capital projects
- This position will also manage projects in addition to the project portfolio and will be tasked with the standardization of PMO procedures. Additionally, this position will provide documentation to all business users and project managers ensuring there are clear standardized processes.
You are a team-oriented individual with passion for ensuring that we're managing projects with the utmost efficiency. You are able to navigate timelines on multiple projects to meet multiple deadlines, and can communicate and navigate around road blocks, caveats, or needs pertaining to meeting your teams' goals.
- Continue to stay up to date on the newest project management skills to stay sharp in a fast paced environment.
- Experienced working in an Agile environment with multiple projects
- Able to maintain vendor relationships and knowledge with reviewing vendor contracts
- Experienced with creating, presenting, and maintaining project budget documentation
- A lifelong learner who is continually interested in improving and teaching others project management techniques
- Experience with working on projects and programs that ended on time and on budget
- A seasoned veteran of working with teams and has a great deal of experience creating, developing, and managing team members.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as experience with presenting content for project executives
- Work to maintain quality control on the project and participate in issue resolution
- Set and maintain project deadlines and expectations as well as delegate project tasks to team members
- Experience with capital projects is required
- 7-10 years of project management experience in a corporate environment
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field
- 2+ years of requirements gathering experience
- 3+ years of managing IT projects, supply chain or eCommerce is preferred
- Experience with the Microsoft office suite
- Experience with Microsoft Project or a related project management software is a plus
- Staffing experience
- Coaching and team mentorship
- Budget development and maintenance
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.