Title: Project Manager. III. Cross Functional
Location: San Jose, California
Cisco's highly experienced hardware development team is seeking a Sr Hardware Engineer- Compliance Project Engineer to join a team of engineers, dedicated to creating products for Cisco's Internet of Things business entity. This prestigious team is the center of hardware development for digital, RF, antenna, mechanical, power supply, compliance, FPGA and diagnostics for the IoT product line. Come on board today and grab a slice of the IoT hardware design pie!
Who You'll Work With:
Join the most exciting, most talked about business entity at Cisco, the Internet of Things, and contribute to the critical function of compliance engineering to enable the definition, development and sale of the IoT products to various critical market verticals such as utilities, transportation, mining, industrial Ethernet, rail, etc. Come help shape the future of the internet of things in the business entity that is at the center of the storm! This large team of highly experienced hardware development engineers and several other compliance project managers all dedicated to creating products for Cisco's Internet of Things business entity. This prestigious team is the center of hardware development for digital, RF, antenna, mechanical, power supply, FPGA and diagnostics for the IoT product line.
Who You Are:
* 7-10 years of experience in compliance engineering.
* Bachelors degree in electrical or mechanical engineering.
* Familiarity with multiple verticals including utilities, transportation, industrial, mining, etc.
* Familiarity with EMC, environmental and safety standards.
* Strong project management skills.
* Several years of compliance test engineering experience.
* Electrical engineering design experience.
* Program management experience.
* Compliance laboratory management experience.
* Mechanical engineering design experience.
What You'll Do:
Join a team of compliance project managers and engineers, who manage and work with projects to obtain EMC, mechanical, safety and country certifications for all of the products of the Internet of Things business entity.
The team of project managers work with Cisco's world-class in-house compliance test laboratory managers, test engineers, compliance experts and test facilities, and also work with local and worldwide compliance test laboratories.
The compliance engineer will interface with the corporate lab managers, outside test lab managers, product marketing, sales and IoT executives to prioritize and plan for incoming compliance requests.
Some specific tasks will include:
* Identify and purchase precise Cisco equipment configurations for DUTs to be used in Compliance Testing and Certifications, load and configure IOS SW for Compliance Testing and Certifications.
* Set-up and configure test equipment such as traffic generators, base station emulators, PoE load cards.
* Familiarity with EMC, environmental and safety regulations and ability to generate EMC and environmental test plans are mandatory.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
@ciscoCareers is #hiring #WeAreCisco #Hardware Engineer #digital #RF #antenna #FPGA #diagnostics #IoT #HW Compliance