Project Manager IT Software Development Project
Contract Only Position
Location: Mesa, AZ
Start Date: ASAP
Duration/End Date: July 2020
- Phone interview with Director
- Phone or on-site interviews with Tech Director, Senior Scrum Master. (The second round of interviews can be done by phone, but we ll need an on-site interview prior to making a decision.)
- on-site interview
The Project Manager is responsible for the direction and successful implementation of a large, cross-departmental Technology program that consists of a number of interrelated project deliveries, ensuring integration, coordination, timing, and consistency of process throughout. Additionally, due to the broad stakeholder base of the projects, this position will be responsible for ensuring that all impacted areas of the organization are incorporated into the project planning process and are continually kept aware of the progress of the over project.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelors degree or above is required.
- 10+ years managing a wide variety of large projects and programs, including experience in directing technical staff, team members and vendors.
- Experience in a wide variety of project management methodologies, such as SCRUM, Waterfall and Iterative.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly desired.
- Scrum Master Certification a plus.
- Expertise in documentation, presentation, and project management tools required.
- Expertise in MS Office tools: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio, and Project.
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with individuals with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, mediation, etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Leads Steering Committee meetings.
- Directs the review of project scope, budget, and schedule for compliance with product and customer specifications. Identifies and presents issues to project sponsors and assists in resolution.
- Identifies potential risks to the completion of the project, including resources, costs, and systems. Recommends appropriate solutions.
- Establish strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Obtains project status information as well as provides information and guidance to the project teams. Mediates and resolves project team conflicts.
- Directs appropriate and timely written communication with all project team members, department managers, and customers throughout the life of the project through effective use of status reports, program schedules, issues logs, cost data, etc.
- Ensure projects adhere to established project methodologies, standards, tools, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Negotiates with the appropriate department managers for commitments and assignment of resources to the program or a project team.
- Directs the timely execution of major project milestone approvals with the customer, prepares necessary paperwork to document approvals.
- Facilitates and follows through on all procurement requests for the acquisition of required hardware, software, and services, including delivery requirements and schedules.
- Identifies and helps remove impediments to the success of the overall program.