Data Solutions department is responsible for developing data centric solutions to help drive process improvements and meaningful outcomes for hospitals and Health Systems. Team uses agile best practices to develop high quality software solutions that integrate and analyze data from different data sources including Hospital IT systems and products like medication management systems, infusion pumps and supply management systems.
The Database Developer is responsible for the design and development of database schemas, and creates programs to populate and maintain the data in transactional processing and data warehousing systems. The position requires extensive hands-on experience in developing database queries, ETL, performance tuning, database unit tests and associated code in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
• Understand and apply database design and development principles for both transactional and dimensional schemas to support application requirements.
• Design, plan, and develop programs to optimally extract, transform, and load data from data sources to the target systems.
• Maintain source code for database and ETL projects. Ensure that projects build successfully in a continuous integration environment.
• Develop or modify procedures to solve complex database design problems, including performance, scalability, security and integration issues.
• Troubleshooting and tuning complex SQL statements and making recommendations on indexing strategies.
• Follow and improve development processes including but not limited to conducting peer/code reviews, complying with organizational standards, ensuring code maintainability, following build processes, implementing unit tests, and following other industry standard best practices.
• Troubleshoot issues in an efficient and systematic manner to identify and resolve underlying causes as well as take a proactive approach to solving problems creatively using available resources.
• Support production systems by providing timely fixes.
• Analyze business requirements and create/participate in designing solution architecture.
• 8+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server with emphasis on database code development.
• Database design skills including normalization and data warehouse design
• Strong T-SQL development skills including stored procedure, function, and trigger creation
• Excellent query optimization and performance tuning skills
• Strong SSIS skills
• Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in an engineering discipline. (Computer Science Preferred)
• Experience with data modeling tools such as ER/Studio or ERWin
• Experience using version control systems (e.g., TFS, Git)
• Agile Environment experience using user stories, providing estimates etc.
• Working experience with Azure DB technologies and Azure deployments is a plus
• Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus.
• Programming in C# is a plus
• Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and above
• Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 and above
• Embarcadero ER/Studio is a plus
B 26 Sector-57 Noida, 201301