The Business Relationship Manager (BRM) Project Manager / Production Owner role requires a combination of strong technology background and business acumen in order to manage relationships between business and IT in day-to-day operations and delivery of IT services. The BRM partners with the business to understand the changing business needs and validating that the IT delivery meets the articulated needs. The BRM role will perform project management activities and must be well versed in project management disciplines. The BRM role requires an in-depth and cross functional understanding of core line of business processes and value-chain services, (i.e. Production, Title & Rights, Sales, Production Finance, Operations, Finance, Royalties & Corporate)
- Primary liaison between IT and the business defining IT demand and delivering technology to enable and meet business strategy and support day-to-day operations.
- Build relationship as a trusted business partner with key business executives and be focal point for delivery of IT services.
- Owning approved business driven IT programs & projects and management of their respective business cases, ensuring that they deliver business value. Monitoring, and reviewing all project and program economics including costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risks.
- Understanding of business process from Development through Production, the systems that support those processes, and the master data management.
- Initiating and facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders. Captures and disseminates technical and business information...
- Leveraging the enterprise’s IT organization, infrastructure and technology capabilities to deliver business results
- Managing a team of project managers & business analysts comprised of employees and service providers to drive and own the definition of business requirements
- Identifying and acquiring new IT services for the business and owning documentation of such for the IT Service Catalog
- Managing demand for applications work and prioritizing requests for application enhancements and new development across the business portfolio supported
- Establishing and monitoring and the service levels as developed and agreed in association with ADM Service Delivery Managers and Sr. Application Leads
- Ensure that all demand from the business enters IT pipeline appropriately and reporting status on that demand back to business constituents
- Providing VIP support in conjunction with and on behalf of the Global Service Desk, acting as a point of escalation for incidents with high business impact
- Business cases as required to support demand from the business
- Greenlight documents
- Business insights enabled through IT
- Strategic and cyclical planning and budgeting for application set resource requirements
- Performance reviews
10 % 1. Strategic Planning - Participate in business and IT strategic planning; define IT needs of business units; help develop IT strategy and funding plans in alignment with business needs; promote innovative thinking and utilization of IT resources in the business. Understand the workings and strategy of the business as well as current market trends. Understand the strategy and direction of IT within the company.
20 % 2. Demand Management – Represents the overall technology solution portfolio for a given business area. Oversees the quality and delivery of IT services in support of business expansion and business operations. Prioritizes requests and secures stakeholder support and funding. Accountable for defining and initiation of projects through green lighting.
10 % 3. Customer Relationship Management – Manages customer expectations; resolve customer satisfaction issues; train and educate customers on the use of technology; ensure business unit is receiving appropriate and adequate levels of IT services; offer alternate solutions to customer problems (e.g. process changes); communicate IT goals, activities and accomplishments to the business.
20% 4. Leadership, Staff Development and Financial Management – Provide direction and coaching to the IT staff. Develop the staff to understand the business as well as the technology. Develop and manage department and project budgets.
40 % 5. Delivery Oversight – Initiates and provides oversight for application development projects that are delivered on time, within budget and containing the agreed upon functionality. Works closely & collaboratively with ADM and EIS towers to seamlessly ensure high quality IT service delivery. Supports proper implementation of appropriate compliance, security and controls as defined by company policy and governance.
- Solid understanding of the day-to-day execution of business processes and related IT tasks
- Strong experience in Application Platform and Portfolio management
- Strong Experience or understanding of the Microsoft Dynamics platform and configuration processes
- Knowledge of project and program management fundamentals
- Extensive experience managing relationships with internal and external vendors
- Familiar with the ITIL Framework and demand processes across the IT organization
- Knowledge of enterprise IT Strategy, AGILE, ITIL, IT Best Practice and Change Delivery
- Strong understanding of multiple software delivery life cycle methodologies
- Strong business domain knowledge and business acumen
- Typically, 3+ years experience in managing leadership level business relationships within the entertainment industry
- Proven history of IT management in either application support management or project management, with 8+ years of experience managing technology teams
- Proven skills in project management and project management oversight:
- Organize and lead the production of all collateral required to initiate a project (including vision document, business case/cost benefit analysis, high level requirements specifications, and other elaboration phase outputs). Assess/recommend skills and resources needed to successfully complete the project(s) and achieve the business and IT goals
- Organize the project team (people needed in the business and IT organizations, as well as third parties). Ensure all policies for on boarding new resources and vendors are followed. Create or supervise the creation of the project schedule, ensuring that it conforms to the System Development Lifecycle as appropriate.
- Maintain the project budget, project tracking and reporting requirements, and status reporting. Ensure that company controls are observed and applied to all projects under management. Ensure that a communications strategy and risk mitigation plan has been created and signed off by project stakeholders and is being followed. Establish and maintain clear escalation procedures so that problems and issues encountered are addressed in a timely manner.
- Manage the project through all the phases and milestones from requirements gathering to post-implementation reviews. The project manager is responsible for ensuring that the necessary resources/skills are available as the project(s) go through the various phases of a software development life-cycle.
- For projects involving third parties, the project manager is accountable for ensuring that clear specifications are developed and communicated to the third parties (e.g. Preferred Service Providers), including criteria for acceptance of the outputs from the third parties.
8+ years managing technology teams, 3+ of years entertainment, 3+ years managerial
Certification/Licenses normally required: MS Dynamics, PM Certification