9-month plus Project Manager/ Scrum Master role for local financial institution in San Diego. Looking for Agile and Waterfall SDLC experience. Candidates must be local (WFH/remote until restrictions are lifted). If interested please send resume to JOB Objective
This position is accountable for managing multiple business, infrastructure and facility projects of moderate to extreme complexity that require considerable resources. Provides leadership; exercises judgment and independent decision-making; motivates and manages enterprise-wide teams; transforms strategies into business requirements; and develops implementation plans to achieve key success measures on time and within budget. Responsible for project planning, management of scope, quality, credit union resources, schedule, budget, risk, communications, and post-implementation review.DIMENSIONS :
Supervisory responsibilities :
- Concurrent management of 2-3 complex projects and additional less complex projects to support a
- $3 billion credit union with 200,000 members.
- Management of projects with budgets up to $1 million.
- Indirect responsibility for management of 50-75 individual team members.
- Collaborates with senior management and staff of 25 departments, 26 branches, and call center, as well as, multiple external vendors and organizations.
- Manages complex projects that have substantial effect on member service and significantly impact the financial standing and overall welfare of the credit union.
- Responsible for managing project resources: employees, vendors; equipment and facilities.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- This position reports directly to the Director, Project Delivery.
- Guides and directs project team members: defining roles and responsibilities; setting expectations and delegating activities.
As Project Manager:
- Develops complex project plans and schedules, detailed activities lists and work effort assessment; short and long-term resource allocation plans based on input from all key players. Leads cross-functional teams, plans and facilitates meetings, prepares progress reports, conducts post-implementation reviews, documents lessons learned and overall project success and deficiencies.
- Delegates tasks and responsibility to a wide variety of staff at different levels of the organization, including management. Directs, trains and supports team members to explain project objectives and individual roles and responsibilities. Provides feedback to managers on performance.
- Monitors projects that require high levels of integration between numerous departments and/or third parties such as vendors, service providers and contractors. Evaluates performance and ensures conformance to terms of the contractual agreement. Serves as primary liaison and provides feedback to management, staff and subcontractors.
- Manages dependencies, deliverables, critical path and quality elements throughout the life cycle of projects that span multiple functions, departments, locations, vendors and processes. Assesses and analyzes risks and problems; develops and implements effective solutions to overcome obstacles, solve problems and mitigate risks. Oversees testing and quality control, development of test plans, scripts, and schedules. Assesses results and tracks issues and defects to resolution.
- Develops and guides use of standard project management processes, tools and methodology. Mentors staff in the application of standard project management methodology. Ensures required project data and information are maintained in the project management systems.
- Evaluates proposed modifications to project scope, schedule or budget and influences stakeholders to control changes. Facilitates approved modifications to the project plan. Works with functional areas to resolve schedule and resource conflicts.
- Researches and analyzes current and evolving technology, products and services to identify and recommend opportunities for process improvements that have a significant impact on time, labor costs, direct costs, member service and satisfaction.
As Scrum Master
Education, skills, & abilities :
- Conducts Scrum Ceremonies (Daily Scrum, Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meetings).
- Facilitates the team's Sprint Planning based on prioritized stories, team capacity and historical velocity trends.
- Ensures candidate stories for the sprint are playable (estimated, sized, and prioritized).
- Mitigates risks that may destabilize the team. Proactively anticipates, recognizes and detects items that may distract the team from completing the sprint.
- Facilitates Steering Committee Meetings to determine request prioritization
- Diagnose, understand, and facilitate team dynamics to optimize team performance and remove blocks that may hinder sprint success .
- Provide solutions and continuous improvement opportunities to efficiently solve problems and provide critical thinking skills
- Gain recognition as a trusted advisor / leader with customers and stakeholders at all levels of the organization across business and IT
The Six Superpowers
- Provides leadership through modeling of behaviors and bringing forward new ideas and new ways of doing things.
- Demonstrates empathy , self-reflection, and adjustment of own behaviors, showing effective emotional intelligence.
- Practices active listening in communications with others, giving someone full attention and listening to understand, not just respond.
- Demonstrates grit , persisting in application of knowledge, skills, and behaviors to achieve goals and address obstacles.
- Models intrinsic motivation ; is self-driven to meet or exceed objectives, timelines, and quality measures while building and sustaining effective relationships.
- Applies creative problem-solving to provide clarity, handle resources under one's control, and address stressful situations; finds ways to meet individual, team, and member goals, by navigating through barriers.
Other Education, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, IT or related discipline, minimum of five years project management experience with progressively increasing responsibility for independent development and implementation of complex projects, five years financial industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and applicable experience. Project management course work required and PMP certification preferred.
- Preferred Skills: Credit Union experience, credit union software development implementations and integrations, Symitar, Temenos Infinity/C360 platform and Payveris P2P payments.
- Must work independently to manage by broad instructions, objectives and policies. Every project is unique and requires considerable judgment, broad knowledge of financial industry and extensive management experience to develop approaches, identify risks and resolve problems.
- Must have demonstrated ability in critical thinking, innovation and decision making to develop and implement logical and effective solutions to problems in a highly complex environment.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Proven ability to drive success of initiatives in a dynamic and changing environment under tight deadlines, prioritize multiple activities, negotiate for resources, and make decisions with a financial, member and employee satisfaction impact.
- Requires superior communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to explain highly complex technical and business concepts and challenges in terms all stakeholders can understand and appreciate, as well as be able to lead technical meetings and planning sessions with engineering and deployment teams. Ability to interface with staff and vendors at all levels in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must exhibit leadership skills and demonstrate the ability to facilitate effective working relationships between diverse groups of people.
- Must have substantial experience with team building, business and systems analysis, requirements definition, process improvement, conflict resolution and motivating people.
- Requires a high level knowledge of current and evolving technology, products and services in the credit union industry and within the organization. Must possess knowledge of credit union regulatory requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and apply concentrated effort to workload despite interruptions.
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow policies and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications, MS Project and Visio.
- Ability to operate standard business machines such as computer, printer, fax, copier and telephone
- Manage multiple complex projects concurrently to successful completion, through effective use of leadership, communication, teamwork and applied Project Management principles and methodologies to ensure the successful planning and execution of high priority initiatives.
- Build and direct teams, define roles and responsibilities and delegate work in the execution of major cross-functional projects.
- Monitor project progress, schedule and budget. Identify underlying risks, report potentially serious deviations that may compromise results and take corrective action as appropriate.
- Exercise judgment and make sound decisions that impact resources, schedules, budget and technology that affect the entire organization.
- Communicate pertinent information, orally and in writing, to all stakeholders.
- Ensure member service and satisfaction are a priority in project planning and implementations.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or