Reporting to the Director of Application Support, the Cerner Project Manager is responsible for the initiation, planning, and execution of healthcare applications & information system implementations, upgrades and optimizations projects. Must have strong project management and communication skills.
- Overall Project Management: Organize project teams and assist with the establishment of appropriate governance bodies
- Monitor the master and individual schedules, including project progress and milestones Identify and manage risk and quality assurance issues, while mitigating issue escalation
- Define metrics for measurement, and ensure effective project controls are established and maintained
- Manage and provide project documentation to key stakeholders
- Attend and schedule meetings as needed
- Ensure that project team members complete tasks and deliverables on time
- Monitor and review vendor invoices and bring concerns to management as needed
- Work in conjunction with the software vendor to manage scope, time, and cost to meet delivery dates
- Acquire and coordinate necessary internal and vendor resources to meet project needs
- Manage communication among the team members, stakeholders, and vendor
- Develop and implement solutions to facilitate completion of the project on time
- Ensure vendor fully understands the respective roles/responsibilities of project staff
- As required, involve leadership to support effective completion of project and/or to resolve high-level issues
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve roadblocks such as vendor preparation, business process gaps, and missing requirements
- Working in conjunction with the internal staff and Cerner teams, create and maintain the following deliverables: Regular status reports Project task lists (Project Plan) Project issues list Project risk mitigation log Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be
- Minimum BA/BS degree in related healthcare field, Information Technology or related field. Clinical and/or IT application support background a plus.
- PMP eligible/certified a plus.
- More than 3+ years of Cerner implementation PM experience with a consulting company or healthcare institution