Summary: Responsible for managing IT project teams including end user and third party provider activities pertaining to the design, development, testing, documentation, and implementation of application product and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, develop and implement assigned projects, from original concept through final implementation, and be the single point of contact.
- Manage financial, scope, and critical path for assigned projects.
- Manages the financial, time and resource aspects of project against a set budget and project plan.
- Coordinate, status reports, and stability of the project work effort; assemble project plans and teamwork assignments.
- Manage and monitor work efforts daily and identifies resource needs; perform quality review; escalate functional, quality, and timeline issues, as appropriate.
- Track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or key resources to meet customer needs and requirements.
- Coordinate communication with all enterprise areas that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the project.
- Performs as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent.
- Assist Program Manager(s) in partnering with senior management in the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities that utilize IT to achieve enterprise goals.
- Possess high-level knowledge and proficiency in project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques.
- Create project plans, schedules, and manage project teams.
- Utilizes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Oversees larger and more highly complex projects.
- Provides informal guidance and support to more junior team members
- Serves as liaison between team members and functional area management requesting project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience. PMP Certification strongly preferred.
Experience: 8 - 10 yrs
Skills: Possess high-level knowledge and proficiency in Resource Management practices and Change Management techniques.
Advanced knowledge of major package applications software.
Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to develop presentations and present to management. Strong knowledge and understanding of business principles, practices and procedures
Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills. Strong project management skills and experience.
Leverages business and technical expertise across disciplines, demonstrating a high level of industry knowledge. Contributes to the strategic direction of the client group(s). May provide guidance to senior management.
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Ethics & Values
- Peer Relationships
- Conflict Management
- Process Management
- Directing Others
| || |
This person will manage a highly visible, strategic and business critical project to implement processes and enabling technology across multiple business areas and IT systems in support of identifying/acquiring high value customers, while minimizing churn of existing customers.
This person will interface regularly with Senior and Executive level business stakeholders and will be expected to conduct him/herself at a very senior professional level. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required as well as the ability to successfully and diplomatically steer a group of cross-functional stakeholders with differing priorities and interests.