Make a difference
Ciber Global wants you. Come build new things with us and advance your career. At Ciber Global you ll collaborate with experts. You ll join successful teams contributing to our clients success. You ll work side by side with our clients and have long-term opportunities to advance their top priorities.
The role of the Infrastructure Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict defined deliverables, deadlines and within budget. This includes coordinating closely with the business group and any defined business sponsor, acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Infrastructure Project Manager will also clearly define the project s objectives and oversee quality control throughout the project life cycle.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Use or develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Report to Project Management Office and Operations.
- Provide Project Reporting as requested.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- 5+ years of IT Infrastructure experience and proven track record of handling multiple projects concurrently with successful project delivery results.
- Experience managing large Infrastructure projects including data center builds, migrations, decommissioning projects, and network/telecommunication projects.
- Experience with networks, circuits, telecommunications and setting clear expectations with associated vendors/carriers.
- Experience with Virtualization (VMware) a plus.
- Must have experience leading project teams through all phases of the standard project lifecycle.
- Experience working within both a project-centric and project matrix environments.
- Project Management Professional Certification PMP a plus.
- Cisco experience a plus.
At Ciber Global our consultants have access to a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits can include Paid-Time-Off, Paid Holidays, 401K matching, Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, and a variety of other perks.
Ciber Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Find a purpose
Help clients embrace emerging technologies. Create inventive solutions and meet intriguing client challenges. Solve, fix, design and innovate. Be a part of something bigger by helping clients go digital, create engaging customer experiences and transform their business.
Ciber is helping clients bring their innovation initiatives to life - come join us and make a difference! No matter where you are in your career, you can work to move to the next level. You ll work hand in hand with top-tier talent and be part of a team focused on the technologies that help clients compete and win.