Project Manager with ClaimCenter (Guidewire) - LONG TERM CONTRACT
Must be able to work on site in either NY, TN, NC, NJ or PA 3 days per week
Project Management for Application related projects; preferably Guidewire Claim Center experience and/or P&C Claims and Policy admin systems related experience.
The IT Project Manager is responsible for managing IT projects on a day-to-day basis using the Project Management Life Cycle process and deliverables.
- Develop and manage plans/schedules/deliverables for small to large sized projects.
- Manage project timelines, activities, resources and budgets.
- Provide regular status updates and Executive Status updates as needed.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and negotiate with project stakeholders to determine most accurate and appropriate definition of project scope and schedule.
- Work closely with technical resources and business analysts in the interpretation of requirements and the translation into design specifications.
- Liaise between developers, architects, business analysts and QA analysts. Foster clear communication between the disciplines.
- Ensure that projects comply with audit requirements.
- Work closely with outsourced development vendors as needed.
- Track performance against objectives and develop corrective strategies when objectives are not being met.
- Maintain relevant metrics to provide transparency on team performance.
- Resolve conflicting priories in scope, schedule and cost for projects among various stakeholder groups.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Remove impediments by engaging the right personnel and/or finding the right solution.
- Additional projects and assignments as needed.
- Strong background in IT project management with detailed knowledge of the software development life cycle methodologies.
- Background in Admitted Commercial Insurance and Reinsurance desired.
- Proven experience managing small to mid-sized IT projects independently.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage projects which span both business and IT disciplines.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with an ability to effectively manage cross-functional team discussions.
- Strong management skills with an ability to achieve results in a matrix management environment.
- Ability to translate business needs into IT deliverables.
- Strong business planning, organizing, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully apply Waterfall and Agile SDLC methodologies.
- Multi-disciplinary information technology familiarity with proven systems deployment experience.
- Experience using PM tools (MS Project, SharePoint, VSTS, etc.).
- BS Degree/Equivalent (Technology focus preferable)
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field and 5+ years Project Management experience.
- PMP certification desired.
- Expertise with all aspects of requirements and testing processes.
- Detail-oriented and good analytical abilities.
- Skilled in working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal (business) communications skills.
- Team player who works well with technical and business resources
- Personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines.
- Be able to handle multiple priorities and proactively identify risks to project timelines.
For more information please contact Janice DiCicco at 860-979-0912 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.A / B.S degree.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus, but not required.
- CPCU Designation or advanced degree is a plus, but not required.
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.