Position available in Katy TX, Irving TX, or Latham NY
Responsible for independently planning, coordinating, tracking and managing consulting and software implementation projects of various scope and size. Leverage existing documentation and apply established project management methodologies and strategies to projects, with a keen focus on process improvement. The Project Manager will effectively collaborate with members of other COINS departments (Sales, Development, etc.) to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction and quality of project output. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall success of assigned projects.
- Work directly with the Head of Project Management, Senior Project Manager or other department manager to define and implement large scale projects (e.g. COINS OA implementations, major software development projects, etc.) as well as smaller consulting or development assignments.
- Act as primary contact for the client and the project team on issues relating to assigned projects.
- Manage each project in accordance with established COINS methodology as well as adhering to other internal processes. This includes (but is not limited to) issue management, risk management, communications management, change control, etc.
- Ensure compliance with contract specifications ensuring that the project deliverables are in line with agreed scope, the client s acceptance of the described solution is obtained before beginning substantive work and the agreed change management process is used as and when required.
- Administer all contract financials including project and resource billing, monitoring the status of the project and ensuring accurate reporting of hours, jobs and cost codes.
- Set up and manage all project review/status meetings both internally and externally as dictated by the needs of the individual project.
- Maintain a high-level awareness of the client s business needs, other issues or projects in flight, liaising with the account or program manager as and when needed.
- Create a baseline project schedule that reflects the client s requirements, key project activities as well as project team resource availability. Monitor and adjust the schedule as needed throughout the project.
- Close out projects appropriately by engaging in Lessons Learned and Support Handover activities and obtain final acceptance and validation from the client.
- Perform any other duties required by the Head of Project Management.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of prior project management experience in Information Technology [Required]
- Creative problem solver with strong team skills [Required]
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; able to articulate technical concepts in non-technical terms [Required]
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, perform in a fast-paced environment and respond quickly to situations as they arise [Required]
- Resourceful; quick learner; self-motivated [Required]
- Strong attention to detail [Required]
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project [Required]
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems [Preferred]
- Previous experience of software implementations [Preferred]
- CAPM or PMP Certification [Strongly Preferred]
- Construction industry experience [Preferred]
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: COINS will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
COINS (Construction Industry Solutions) is the industry s choice for construction and house building software solutions. For over 30 years, COINS has been designing, developing, and delivering business and operational systems to construction organizations wherever they work in the world, with a 100% focus on construction and related industries. COINS is a global software business with offices across the globe: in the United Kingdom, United States, Ireland, Australia, and Southeast Asia.
In addition to our determination to add to the success of our construction industry clients, COINS is highly motivated to support community projects. Since 2004, COINS and its sister companies have raised nearly $4 million in charitable challenge events such as the COINS 3 Peaks Challenge in the UK and the new COINS USA Construction Industry Grand Challenge. Distributed via the COINS Foundation, all of the funds raised go directly to Habitat for Humanity housing projects, CARE International school building and renovation projects, and CURE International orthopedic hospital projects.
If you join our team, you would soon discover that we partner with customers for the long-term, and excel at building strong, enduring relationships, including those with our employees. Employees receive the benefits below and much, much more:
- 4 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 4% 401(k) Company Match
- Life, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Charitable Local/Global Community Projects
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Environment
This position is available in Katy or Irving, TX, or Latham, NY.