Project Manager - Non IT
Summary: The main function of a non-IT project manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as engineering, research and development, financial systems and product roll-out, etc or any other non-IT based project. Job Responsibilities: Coordinate projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities. Present and explain proposals, reports and findings to clients. May recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence. Analyze technology, resource needs and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects. Skills: Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills. Basic ability to work independently and manage ones time. Basic knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. Basic knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods. Basic knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio etc. Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field. PMI or PMP certification preferred. 0-2 years experience required.
Required Skills: Project Manager Position Description
The Change Healthcare Payer Connectivity Services Operations team is seeking a Project Manager to assist with the implementation and support of a robust healthcare transaction processing platform and the management of internal operational functions. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing customer implementation projects, operational projects, process improvement projects, and special projects.
Project Execution: Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
Lead cross-functional project teams through successful project execution.
Develop and maintain a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress. Lead the identification and removal of barriers to project success.
Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
Business Support and problem solving: Respond to requests to assist with problem solving, solution modeling, and providing needed business insights. Responsible for teaching and mentoring coworkers as well as facilitating project progress and on time completion.
* Experience with Project Management of projects ranging in size and scope.
* Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, SharePoint and other office tools.
* Strong analytical, problem solving skills, with team members
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
* Work with clients and internal business partners as a member of an implementation team, (collect, analyze, construct, and support technical requirements for client implementations)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to communicate effectively with clients, management and peers and act as an advocate for documentation
* Demonstrates ability to use technology effectively and productively; continually updates skills and knowledge; addresses problems as they arise or seeks help as appropriate; understands how to work efficiently in system setup following development life cycle
* Experience with HealthCare Transaction processing, Clearinghouse Operations, X12 EDI transactions (837, 835, 999, 277CA, 270/271, 276/277)
* Experience with Agile and Scrum
* PMP Certification
* 2+ years of proven experience in Project Management
* Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
The Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope; overseeing all aspects of projects; setting deadlines; assigning tasks/responsibilities; and monitoring and summarizing the progress of projects. Projects will involve leading cross-functional teams, comprised mainly of operations and IT resources, to execute enhancements and improvements based on strategic business initiatives. The Project Manager will use his or her professional judgment to select the methods and techniques used to evaluate criteria for obtaining results. This role will have visibility and interaction with Business leadership.
Additional Onboarding: Supplier Flow Down Documents: na
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to email@example.com Please reference job code 65075 when responding to this ad.
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran's status or any other category protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.