Job Title: Project Manager - PMP Certification needed
Location: Northern NJ
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Long Term
Contact Info: Sharon Koribanics - email@example.com - 201-786-2417
Primary Purpose and Goal:
- Expected to manage a project, or several projects, within one of the client International Portfolios.
- You'll be expected to utilize your business knowledge, and project management experience, to successfully drive project outcomes and milestones.
- You will be expected to support and coach others involved in the integrated project team.
- Project Managers are expected to ensure that their projects deliver on the required, quality, outputs detailed in their Project Charters, within the specified time and financial constraints.
- There is a strong focus on financial management, coordination of delivery team resources, and closely monitoring and maintaining detailed project plans.
- It is expected that status reporting, issue and risk management is undertaken on a timely basis.
- Project Managers will be expected to follow the in-house project lifecycle from inception to completion using standard project lifecycle practices and artifacts.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Build and maintain project plan, including approach, scope, tasks, durations, work effort, dependencies, budget, planning assumptions, risk profile, resource allocation, and deliverable definitions
- Manage both IT and Business Projects
- Coordinate and facilitate core and extended project track meetings
- Make project-level decisions and manage track team leads and day-to-day team activities
- Responsible for identifying and managing project risk factors, and anticipating and resolving project issues
- Proactively provide project status to project team and stakeholders
- Complying with all reporting requirements
- Ensuring project adherence to client standard project management processes and tools to manage project teams across the entire project life cycle
- Serving as an advocate of the project management principles and standards established by the PMO
- Measuring project progress against agreed objectives and success criteria
- Escalating unresolved issues to the Global Program Manager
- Strong project management skills with experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing projects from definition through implementation, involving internal personnel and third-party contractors
- Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment skills, strong supervisory skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively with project team members, project sponsors, functional leads, and senior management
- Knowledge of other initiatives within the portfolio to leverage knowledge and networking
- Knowledge of the Firm's tools (JIRA, Confluence, Clarizen, etc.)
- Self-motivated and output focused
- Flexibility to travel as required to regional locations
- Drive and demonstrated success working independently in a virtual environment
- Capable of strategic thinking and of moving strategic plans into action
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- University degree
- PMP Certification is a must
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years' experience in project management disciplines with experience planning and executing projects and programs, preferably in a product development environment
All offers of employment at TechLink, Inc. are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Background checks will include: Social Security Verification, Prior Employment Verification, Professional References, Educational