At Pearson, we re committed to a world that s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology and each other to surpass these boundaries we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Ready for a Challenge?
A Development Director at Pearson is responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of software on time and within budget. The Development Director oversees the project schedule, manages key talent, establishes a very-high quality bar, and inspires the team with a positive and collaborative leadership style.
- Be responsible for the full operational aspects of the product development, including establishing development framework, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, resource management and budget.
- Be responsible for coaching and mentoring a strong development team; recruiting, onboarding, and retention.
- Work with the product leadership to define the strategy to execute against milestones and key deliverables.
- Ensure the team has the right organizational structure, processes, and best-practices in place that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget.
- Drive efficiencies and new ways of thinking with a goal of reducing waste and increasing predictability.
- Foster an engaging, fulfilling and fun working environment
- Help the team focus on the critical few: filter issues based on a clear understanding of the business strategies and objectives, and helps the team break down complex problems.
- Develop, maintain and publish project KPI s that track project quality, delivery and predictability.
- Establish regular communication with team and key stakeholders to provide project status updates.