Title: Connected Vehicle Project Manager / Delivery Lead
Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients. STG has an opening Connected Vehicle Project Manager / Delivery Lead. Please note that this project assignment is with our own direct clients. We do not go through any vendors. STG only does business with direct end-clients. This is expected to be a long-term position. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to those candidates who need it.
The Project Manager will lead the planning and execution of development projects based on set timelines and business requirements for the Connected Vehicle Program. The applicant will work with business partners, supplier partners to coordinate the features, enablers and/or channels from concept to launch including change requests. Develop and maintain delivery timelines, risk management plan, issue log and communication plan. Working with business and technical teams to understand key success criteria, assessing risk and developing an effective delivery plan
The selected candidate will be responsible for
- Driving delivery time-lines for high-impact programs in the core technology team to help customers worldwide to enjoy new content and connected vehicle experiences
- Collaborating across many groups within and outside Information and Communications Technology team
- Leading key strategic programs and launching products and services that will enable new business opportunities.
- Working with business and technical teams to understand key success criteria, assessing risk and developing an effective feature delivery plan and communication plan.
- Proactively work to identify issues, supplier dependencies and drive issue resolution.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner if needed.
- Preparing presentations for various levels of audiences - from a highly technical audience to non-technical and/or executive level - adjusting content as appropriate.
Job Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in delivering application development projects, along with a experience delivering projects utilizing iterative and agile/ Scrum approaches to achieve their objectives
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a track record of managing projects per plan of record and work with multiple stakeholder with global teams.
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing global projects from vision through implementation, utilizing internal as well as, contractors, and vendor resources
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- The role will ensure the appropriate IT resources are engaged when needed and will verify the vendor is implementing their agreed to tasks in a timely manner. Further on this project, this role will ensure the selected vendor is meeting contract SLA/KPI terms.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Must have a technical background and be capable of managing technical resources through design, develop, test, and technical implementation activities of a project.
- Experience in effective application development project implementation
- Experience working in Connected Features Design or Development
- Exposure to AGILE, DEVOPS & ITIL concepts
- Experience delivering features in the connected vehicle and infotainment realm
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Vasavi Konda at vasavi.konda (@)stgit.com or contact at 248.712.6725. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – Connected Vehicle Project Manager / Delivery Lead.
Corporate Overview of STG: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast-growing IT and Engineering consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, American Axle, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our client’s global IT and Engineering needs.