It's an exciting time to be in our IT/Technology Department; we're investing heavily in the future of our firm's technology. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled technology team that drives future global growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous innovation. We play a foundational role in supporting our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more talented technologists to our team.
Our IT Department is now seeking a highly talented Project Manager to join our team. This position will be located either in our San Mateo, CA, office (near San Francisco, CA) or Camas, WA, (near Portland, OR) office. This will be a contract-to-hire or direct hire opportunity. The Day-to-Day:
- Manage all phases of individual projects to ensure they are completed efficiently and meet the customer's requirements. Projects may be multi-year, multi-million dollar efforts involving the replacement of core business systems and involve process changes to multiple business units.
- Lead and motivate teams and ensure projects are delivered with a high degree of quality.
- Effectively manage the project scope, budget, and timeline. Evaluate the impact to the project if changes are made to these constraints.
- Identify and manage potential risks or issues. Proactively develop contingency and mitigation plans.
- Utilize analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as project management and technical knowledge, to assess and resolve project-related obstacles.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to project team members, internal customers, and the management team. Communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
- Influence decision-making, obtain buy-in, and negotiate resources, scope, and timelines with Project Sponsors, key stakeholders, and project team members.
- Work with impacted departments to identify needs and obtain project resources.
- Manage contract and consulting resources and ensure compliance with the project budget and Statement of Work.
- Analyze and assess project requirements and processes and provide recommendations for improvement.
Why Fisher Investments:
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of project management experience required; or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Demonstrated experience leading collaborative project teams on technical projects of varying size and complexity
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management , project team members, internal clients, and consultants
- Strong ability to persuade at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities, and solve complex problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies and tools, and experience managing projects in both
- Ability to identify and provide solutions for improving current practices
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don't come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we're proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it's our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits to our full-time employees like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we're Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a Top Workplace.
But in the end, it's not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service-our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER