Description: Insignia Technology Services is seeking an experienced PROJECT MANAGER to help provide support to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of Inspector General (OIG) Business Operations Support Services (BOSS) for the Distributed Computing Environment (DCE).
The Project Manager is responsible for overall project management of technical software/system/web services projects coordinating resources, creating schedule, monitoring execution and ultimately delivering a solution/service. May have engineers report directly or may need to coordinate with other project managers for shared/matrixed engineering resources. Responsible to communicate (written/verbal) effectively to stakeholders. Responsible for recommending and supporting the development and implementation of IT service management plans, practices, infrastructures, and systems utilizing Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). May be required to implement technical solution, configuration change for simple tasks. Responsible for systems/network administration. Responsible for Disaster Recovery (DR) and Continuity of Operations (COOP). Will work with development and maintenance teams that are responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and providing support applications to their underlying application infrastructure (databases, web applications, etc.), integrations with other systems/applications, upgrades/new releases, performance tuning, problem identification and resolution, and other day-to-day responsibilities for maintaining this environment.
Full Time Position
- Provide program management and project management support to the team
- Communicating and interfacing with customers and project COR
- Provide support to resolve all technical issues and identify solutions to mitigate all technical risks
- Managing the technical team, to include recruiting, training, mentoring team members
- Lead meetings with customers to guide integrations and architecture decisions
- Provide application and hardware support
- Oversees requirement management and testing activities related to integrations projects
- Provides software systems administration and operational support remote or onsite help desk assistance to various HUD locations
- Acts as POC for HUD customers and COR, representing the assigned projects
- Leads technical meetings between HUD customers and stakeholders and project development staff as needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- FAC-P/PM Level III with FAC-P/PM Information Technology (IT) Certification
- Experience as a software or system engineer with a desire to manage project(s)
- Capable of being a software or system engineer if required to perform technical work if required
- Expert experience managing BOSS operation centers related projects
- Excellent presentation, customer communication, and organizational skills are required
- Experience with Business Operations Support Services (BOSS) centers
- Experience with WAN/LAN and cloud supporting
- Experience supporting the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or in information technology, engineering, or a field closely related to the nature of the position or relevant experience.
- Preferred – Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a field closely related to the nature of the position or relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust, BI clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
- Washington, DC (HUD OIG offices located at 451 7th Street SW, one block from the L'Enfant Metro Station.)
Honorably discharged US Military Veterans are encouraged to apply
Insignia Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.