Job Title: Project Manager
PeerPlace is looking for an energetic, dedicated and hard working individual that has the desire to work on the Account Services team, which will involve working on many customer and internal projects. Candidate must be excited to learn about multiple details all at once to get up to speed and then dive into supporting multiple projects immediately.
Immediate details to learn include: PeerPlace Overall Business Concepts, Internal Processes and WorkFront (Project Management System), PeerPlace Application & Overview of all Client Projects.
- Become a PeerPlace Account Services Team Member!
- Have direct interaction and daily involvement with various clients and projects.
- Work directly with existing Account Services Team members and the Development Team on a daily basis.
- Perform many project roles through a project lifecycle, including, project initiation, design, executing, monitoring/controlling and project close.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to projects.
- Partner with the project team, to provide project management support and oversight for projects of varying size and complexity including multiple project components.
- Manage all phases and aspects of the application development life cycle.
- Develop and maintain project plans and budgets.
- Estimate, develop, and manage project scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Identify and maintain critical path and contingencies.
- Analyze and resolve problems associated with technical issues, project resources, and project integration issues.
- Monitor and control risks, develop risk mitigation plans and manage customer expectations.
- Resource management, including resource estimation and allocation.
- Prepare project statuses and reports for Steering and Stakeholder level decision-making and decision support.
- Ensure high levels of client satisfaction for assigned projects. Regularly solicit feedback regarding performance.
- Assist with testing on projects and product upgrades as needed.
- Have the drive to initiate projects to better the team and the company based on prior experience and knowledge where you may see need for improvement.
- Learn and manage all work in WorkFront tool.
Minimum Requirements/Key Competencies/Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Project Management Professional certification highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated successful project management experience with responsibility for managing mid-large scale projects.
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies a plus.
- Experience working with web-delivered application architectures.
- Applied knowledge and experience in managing all phases and aspects of the application development life cycle.
- Strong financial management orientation and robust analytical capabilities.
- Demonstrated results producer with excellent project management and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record of delivering IT projects within budget, scope, and schedule.
- Objective decision-making ability based on strategic objectives, priority, business performance analysis, and resource availability.
- Outstanding influence, collaboration and communication skills.
- Excellent management skills with the ability to create a positive, collaborative work climate.
- Proven experience in driving effective stakeholder status, decisions, and communications.
- Resource management, including resource estimation and allocation.
- Ability to negotiate resolution of issues and conflicts.
- Knowledge and experience of business process analysis and defining business requirements.
- Experience in testing and reviewing project work.
- Experience working in a deadline-oriented team environment.
- Ability to plan tasks and track progress against an integrated team project plan.
- Sound business judgment and the ability to escalate critical matters to management promptly.
- Ability to identify potential risks, impacts and software dependencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Customer Service Oriented - The Customer is Always Right.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- Committed to valuing diversity.
- Committed to continuous development.
- Ability to be flexible and respond quickly and easily to change.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work. Takes pride in work.
- Ability to work well with team members and independently.
- Ability to self manage, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Ability to manage conflict in a professional manner.
- Commitment to team performance and accomplishments.
- Ability to deal with the unknowns and make decisions having incomplete information.
- Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio
Typical Work Layout:
- Bi-Monthly Company Wide Status Meetings - Tuesdays
- Weekly Account Services Team Meetings - Tuesdays
- Internal: Daily Face-to-Face, Phone Calls, Email and Instant Messaging
- Internal: Ongoing Meetings by Project
- Ongoing Client: Status & Design Meetings (Vary by Client), Email Communication, Status Reports, Change Requests.
- New Clients: We follow an eight phase project roll out plan, including the initial contract, Work Plan, JAD Design & Welcome Kit, Development, Testing, Training, Go Live and Ongoing Support.
- Self-Directed: Project Work, Documentation, Design, Testing, Troubleshooting, Client Follow Up and overall Project Coordination.
- WorkFront: Our Internal Tool used to track all projects and tasks, schedule work, communicate with the development team and enter timesheets.
- Fun, Close Knit Team Environment. Experience and relaxed, yet ambitious, work atmosphere.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- Comprehensive Employee Insurances
- 401K with an Employer Matching up to 4% (If Employee puts in 5%)
- 2 weeks of annual vacation (In addition to 10-12 Public Holidays)
- Possible Training & Advancement Opportunities
Employee Evaluation Methods & Schedule:
- Company Owner & Supervisor Evaluations
- Input from Team Members
- First Year – One Month, 6 Month, 1 Year Anniversary
- Ongoing – Annual Reviews
PeerPlace Networks has been in business since 1998 and is owned by Al Baitsholts and Eric Frey, who had a previous company for 14 years that they started and grew to 65+ employees before selling.
Our primary goal is to work together as a team to support our product and all of our clients to strive to be the best at what we do, while having fun and making a profit doing it!
PeerPlace Networks serves many government agencies across the county. We provide one core product, with many customer specific configurations, that tracks client and case management details for the aging, disability and perinatal markets. We are looking to continue to grow and expand our business in many ways as the changes continue in the Health and Human Services, Long Term Services and Supports and the Medicaid/Medicare Industry.
PeerPlace Networks currently has 28 Employees and we are searching for number 29 and beyond!
We are organized into three core teams, which include:
1. Management Team
2. Account Services Team
3. Development Team
The PeerPlace Account Services Team currently consists of nine team members, with additional projects, input and support from all other company team members. The team consists of:
1. Director of Account Services & Project Manager
2. Manager of Account Services
3. Manager of Business Operations
4. Product Coordinator & Trainer
5. Customer Support Specialist (Help Desk) & Testing
6. Finance & Billing Specialist
What to Expect Upon Hire:
There is a lot to learn and a lot to do here at PeerPlace Networks! You will always have the support of your manager and team members. It will be a challenging and professionally rewarding job.
This opportunity will start out with weeks of detailed learning about the areas described above. This will include meetings with each team manager and other internal staff.
You will be provided with a full product demonstration and copies of the PeerPlace User Manual, Training Materials and Training Videos. You will be given a PeerPlace user name and password to start learning and navigating the system with instruction and on your own.
You will also be set up in WorkFront where you will take a series of online WorkFront training courses to become familiar with the product.
You will then transition into a support role on a major client project where you will shadow and support the lead Project Manager in a variety of tasks. You will attend client meetings. This will help you learn the clients and how we work, including doing documentation, researching items and testing as needed.
The short-term position is to be a Project Manager/Coordinator for a major client. You will be responsible for many clients and serve as their contact person during upfront project kickoff, through testing, project roll-out and beyond.
Our longer-term goal will be for you to be able to grow and to take the lead on client and internal projects. We also expect that the new hire will take initiative where needed to grow and improve the PeerPlace company, team and overall product.