Project Manager III Functional Job Summary:
- Utilizing project management methodology, plan and manage projects of varying complexity, priority and risk that focus on the design and development of business solutions.
- Lead, collaborate with and facilitate cross-functional and cross-organizational team.
- Create and manage project management plans, including resource forecasts, project communications, estimations, project scope and schedule, issues and risks, decisions,
- Experienced in organizational change management frameworks and associated activities.
- Responsible for vendor management: RFI, RFP, SOWs, and managing vendors to milestones.
- Apply business and technical knowledge to initiate corrective actions, as appropriate, to ensure that deliverables are produced on time, within budget, and in accordance with quality standards.
- Communicate, negotiate, facilitate and collaborate in a wide variety of settings and projects that are complex, up to and including enterprise-wide assignments
- Influence decision making and actively engage with project leaders, sponsors, and key stakeholders to ensure optimum business value delivery.
- Act as a mentor and role model for other team members on both discipline skills and behaviors.
- Ability to lead, mentor, coach and motivate project teams.
- Actively participate and collaborate in continuous improvement efforts.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS:
- Experience in managing projects of various size and complexity
- Excellent communication, time/project management, creative problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience in organizational change management.
- Experience in insurance operations preferred, Employee Benefits Division experience a plus
- Experience in multiple software development methodologies and project management methodologies (PMBOK, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Project preferred, experience in industry standard project management and software requirements tools.
Typically requires demonstrated expertise in Project Management that has been gained via a combination of education, certification processes, and/or practical experience per the following:
- Required: A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in providing project management in employee benefits, financial services, technology delivery, or other related fields
- Desired: Bachelor and/or Masters degree in Business or a related field. Achievement of, or progression toward: Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), Project Management Professional (PMP), certification in Business Analysis or Process or Performance Management
- Preferred: Masters degree in Business or a related field
- Highly encouraged: Membership in local project management association
Sought out for communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills in a variety of settings and projects. Has and applies a thorough understanding of project management discipline and navigates successfully through or improves company procedures and policies. JOB COMPLEXITY:
Works on wide range of assignments that are complex, up to and including Enterprise-wide assignments. Often defines procedures or identifies innovative solutions for how to complete project management tasks. Is a primary driver of collaboration on project teams. Influences decision-making and actively engages with business leaders, sponsors and key stakeholders to ensure optimum business value delivery. Regularly acts as a mentor and role model for other project managers.
*** No C2C at this time. ***
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or