Project Manager - Washington DC Area
The Project Manager will manage the modernization of the DoD Public Safety Communications Ecosystem Architecture to include the DoD NG911 project. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of the DoD NG911 project(s) and the DoD Public Safety Communications Ecosystem Architecture on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
The successful candidate will work directly with DoD stakeholders to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other DISA departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible as needed to fulfill stakeholder needs. Responsibilities:
Education and Qualifications
- Establish and maintain Master Project Schedule that delivers on the NG911 Framework as well as other components of the Public Safety Communications Ecosystem
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Establish and maintain contact with the DISA Cyber Security Office and implement appropriate Cyber Security practices.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress. Must be proficient with MS Project.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate identified risk area to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with stakeholders to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps to document needs
Will require a Bachelor's Degree and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with NG911, Computer-Aided-Dispatch, Emergency Management - Common Operational Picture, Sensors and Alarms to include UAS, Enterprise Mass Warning System, and information Sharing concepts, practices, and procedures. Candidate must possess a DOD SECRET clearance.
Some travel is expected within CONUS.
Remote work up to 3 days per week and report to the office for team collaboration 2 days per week in either Chantilly, VA or Winchester, VA.
If your interested please send your resume to
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or