Project Manager Purpose of Position/Summary:
Our client requires an IT Manager to manage and oversee all COVID 19 IT portfolio of ELC grant initiatives and operations of IT systems. The successful candidate will be tasked with all aspects of the strategic and tactical operations of COVID 19 projects, as well as the successful execution of numerous operational projects currently in the pipeline.
The candidate is to oversee the management of the Contact Tracing application developed in Microsoft Dynamics at the location and works collaboratively with the Health team, Technology team, MS Dynamics Vendor and Call Center Vendor to ensure smooth system operations and enhancements are met on time with allocated budget.
Technical IT skills as well as excellent interpersonal, leadership, business acumen and customer service skills are the key attributes we are seeking for this dynamic role. This position is high degree of visibility across the organization and with our clients.
The IT Manager position reports to the CIO and is responsible for leading the cross-functional management of information and technology. Oversees functions such as technology governance, project and program management, and plays a driving role in technology strategic planning for ELC grant initiatives.
The candidate's ability to provide leadership, promote accountability, and create a result driven team culture will be instrumental in ensuring the success of the team with delivering commitments, adhering to metrics and achieving SLA's.
This IT leadership position requires both excellent technical knowledge, as well as the ability to identify, recommend, strategize, implement, and support the cost-effective and innovative technology solutions that drive improvement throughout the COVID 19 IT portfolio of ELC grant initiatives and other COVID 19 short term projects. Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Major responsibilities is to over sight all COVID 19 systems, new initiatives and all task fall under COVID 19 IT portfolio of ELC grant initiatives
- Perform project planning including scopes and schedule, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with program areas as well as other stakeholders
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the successful execution of projects with applicable regulations
- Delegate project tasks based on staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Meet with program areas and other stakeholders to clarify specific requirements of each project
- Develop and manage a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress and risks
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Strong knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used for application development
- Prepare reports for management regarding status of project and escalate issues to management as needed
- The ideal candidate will have an engaging personality with the ability to communicate and engage all levels of the business unit, as well as, proven expertise in the rollout of applications utilizing the latest technologies.
- Candidate should be self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision, while participating in all phases of the project lifecycle. Individual in this role will encourage the use of best practices, shield project teams from diversions and distractions while encouraging transparency, inspection, and adaptation.
- Position is responsible for the coordination of multiple, concurrent technology projects while coordinating efforts with personnel from the various technology and business functions (i.e. Quality Assurance, Development, Business Analysis, Risk Management, Infrastructure, etc.).
- Track project performance to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Lead and manage successful delivery of Dynamics 365 CRM projects
- Develop and deliver project activities including scheduling, resourcing, backlog management, and proposal development
- Organize and facilitate steering committee meetings, project planning meetings, and recurring team meetings
- Lead and ensure the delivery team is practicing the ISDH software implementation methodology including continuous improvement activities
- Manage issues and escalations on projects
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, health information or related field.
- 15+ years of direct work experience in a project management capacity including all aspects of process development and project lifecycle execution.
- 10+ years of experience in Health Information Technology Projects is preferred.
- Ability to write RFPs and evaluate bids
- Experience gathering feature requirements, writing functionality requirements, and managing sprints, backlogs, release schedules
- Extensive knowledge of application development software and testing practices
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified preferred and knowledge of PMI best practices
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies.
- Experience in Healthcare industries preferred.
- Experience with MS dynamics CRM projects is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Laboratory projects is preferred but not required.
- Proven ability to effectively manage time and balance priorities across simultaneous assignments
- Proven experience in managing large-scale projects from initiation to closure with internal and external cross functional teams
- Ability to lead, encourage and influence others to perform.
- Ability to supervise and manage diverse human resources.
- Ability to work primarily independently and concurrently manage multiple projects
- Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written English
- Ability to work collaboratively for the best interests of the business and the team
- Proactive with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong drive to deliver tangible value even when faced with ambiguity.
- Strong belief in continuous improvement and team empowerment.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and follow up communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, JIRA, Microsoft project, Microsoft Server, SharePoint, Teams DevOps & Visio.
- Data visualization / Executive Dashboard development
- Solid interpersonal skills, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside of client
If you are interested please send a copy of your resume to Luke Hammons at
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or