If interested in the position below, please send an updated copy of your resume to ! Application Project Manager
Apex Systems, the nation's 2 nd largest Information Technology staffing firm, is looking for an Applications Project Manager who excels in their role, and are committed to delivering an exceptional experience for our client's internal and external end users and clients. We look for individuals who are passionate in life and bring those qualities to work every day. Do you instill confidence, trust, and respect, encourage success and build relationships? We are looking for people like this to join our friendly, engaged, professional team. Title:
Applications Project Manager Location:
Flowood, MS 39232 Duration:
6 month contract to hire Position Summary:
Project Manager, Applications is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the development and implementation of technology projects as assigned. This position will work closely with the Applications management to ensure project plans are developed and implemented closely aligned with business objectives. This position will also work closely with designated business users and technical staff to facilitate requirements gathering, development and testing, and to track and report project status to management. In addition, the Project Manager, Applications will also work with the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association to facilitate the implementation of Inter-Plan software releases.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- At least 3 years of experience in effectively leading and managing Information Technology related projects is required.
- 5-7 years of experience in applications systems using SDLC methodology is required.
- Knowledge of systems analysis and design, programming processes and testing is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must have strong project leadership skills and possess strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation, and negotiation skills. This includes conflict resolution, teambuilding, problem solving, and decision making.
- Must have excellent group facilitation and teambuilding skills in technical and business troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Specific expertise or experience managing personnel in the following disciplines is preferred:
- COBOL, JCL, CICS, MVS, DB2, and SDLC methodology.
- PMI Project Management Professional Certification is preferred.
- Must take full ownership of the project management process
- Outgoing, positive personality
- Must have demonstrated the ability to resolve conflict, work in a team setting, effectively problem solve, make appropriate decisions, communicate orally and in written form effectively and accomplish results
- Detail oriented to complete business consulting activities
- Strong drive and the ability to control the business consulting process
- Strong motivational and leadership skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or