The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall success of a project, including time and resource management, financial planning, scope management, issue and risk management, and project execution. The Project Manager plans directs and monitors the work produced by their team(s) to include planning and implementing appropriate quality assurance activities. He or she is responsible for managing the client relationships, including general, ongoing communications, negotiation of scope and schedule changes, key risks, issue resolution, and ongoing progress reporting. The Project Manager shapes client expectations and manages contracts and scope related to the project. Your future duties and responsibilities
The Project Manager must have a broad knowledge of industry best practices, embodied in PMI's Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and be able to proactively identify potential project risks in order to advise and consult with clients on risk identification, analysis, and mitigation strategies. He or she must have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant project management experience. The Project Manager may also participate in pre-sale/ Business Development activities, and is expected to look for opportunities for follow-on work. Required qualifications to be successful in this role
CGI requires Project Managers to have the skills and experience to manage the entire lifecycle of software related projects, from inception through successful delivery and closeout. The project manager must be proficient in applying industry standard techniques and tools to perform the standard project management activities, based on experience in managing projects to deliver IT solutions.
* Four (4) years of relevant project management experience
* Solid project management skills related to project planning and control, scope management, issue and risk management, and quality management
* Experience in managing software related projects using the software development lifecycle
* Experience negotiating contractual documents and maintaining changes to the terms and conditions of those documents.
* Demonstrated experience leading a project towards targeted financial goals
* Advanced written and verbal communication and presentation skills
* Communication skills, to include the ability to communicate effectively with customer and CGI stakeholders at all levels and work through tough issues with customers, CGI team members, and/or subcontractors, partners, or third party vendors
* Excellent leadership and team development skills (to include coaching and mentoring), with the ability to motivate and lead while adapting leadership style to a variety of situations
* Timely, decisive, and effective problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated mastery of consulting at the senior management and executive level
* Behave in an ethical and professional manner
* Handle the pressures of simultaneous tasks, issues, problems, and ambiguity
* Be flexible as to behavior or work methods in response to changes or new obstacles on a project
Education: PMP certification required. Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
* Business Analysis
* Project Management
Department: Project Management