Under general direction of the Director and Vice President, the Project Manager is responsible for participating in the planning and coordination of technology projects to ensure that goals and objectives of projects and deliverables are accomplished within specified timeframes and funding parameters.
Position Description, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage large-scale, complex projects with both technology and operational components, holding resources accountable for timeline, removing obstacles and escalating issues as needed. Team resources include business analysts, developers, technical architects, DBA administrators, product managers, operations managers, and testing analysts.
- Leverage project resources to create deliverables through all project phases, including requirements gathering, design, development, and implementation.
- Work closely with business owners to ensure technologies developed support or solve the business need; work closely with technology team to ensure that business priorities, goals and objectives are clear.
- Ensures that tasks are completed as scheduled and reports results to management, sponsors and senior management.
- Responsible for carrying out established work plan for each phase of the project.
- Defines and understands the technical scope and objectives of the project.
- Assists in the preparation of project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks; review the content and presentation prior to publishing.
- Completes assigned tasks within project to ensure project is delivered within appropriate schedule and budget constraints.
- Prepares status reports for project team and sponsors; includes identifying significant wins, losses, risks, issues and opportunities.
- Adheres to and assists in the development of standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Monitors resources required to complete project such as task assignments, resource loading and scheduling.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Education Requirements:
Requires some training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of four (4) to six (6) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements:
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage team in the accomplishment of common goals; ability to break down obstacles in the path of project plan
- Prior experience managing both technology and operations implementation elements
- Demonstrated PM excellence around planning, status assessment, and managing risk, as well as behavioral skills, such as thinking ahead, attention to detail, and the ability to influence.
- Ability to multi-task in a cross-functional environment
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply applications knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Good interpersonal skills; effective team player
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines