As a Project Manager within Cerner Government Services, you will manage project implementation, obtain requirements, evaluate and determine objectives, goals, and scope of multiple complex projects. You will overcome project barriers and network across organizations to drive initiatives, strategies, issue resolutions, and alignment. In scope will be to create, monitor and provide ongoing communication to appropriate stakeholders as well as coach and facilitate the effectiveness of a team by growing their capabilities to organize, manage, and make decisions. You will be tasked to identify risk areas and provide alternate strategies to leadership that address concerns and manage interdependencies or dependencies between projects or programs as well as manage project process documentation.Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health Care, Communications or Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of project management work experience
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- Project Management Professional (PMP) - Project Management Institute (PMI) certification
- Experience working as a project manager handling the scheduling duties
- Willing to travel up to 25% as needed
- Must currently reside in or be willing to relocate to the District of Columbia
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with Cerner must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Due to specific client contract requirements, this position requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. The client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for the position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Yes - Domestic/Regional
Virtual Eligible Job
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.EEO is the Law (English)E-Verify Participation (English)Right to Work (English)EEO is the Law (Spanish)E-Verify Participation (Spanish)Right to Work (Spanish)