Seeking an experienced Project Manager to work in the Project Management Office (PMO). The Project Manager will facilitate project initiation, planning, measurement and control activities for a variety of projects associated with the Program projects portfolio.
Broadly, the position consists of some or all of the following activities:
- Start-up: chartering project objectives; defining project scope; building the project team; creating initial project budgets; identifying stakeholders; setting up project governance structures; creating project control processes and artifacts
- Planning: facilitating the development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and drafting project plans; setting up project tools and infrastructure; conducting initial meetings with governance groups; creating project controls for issue, risk and financial management; beginning project reporting and task management / measurement
- Business Requirements: facilitating the work of teams in translating business objectives and vision into clear business requirements
- Technical Requirements:facilitate work with technical teams and system integrators to deliver functionality and needs as defined in the business requirements
- Solution design: facilitating the work of teams in defining concepts and principles for “as-is” and “to-be” states; conducting gap, process and workflow analysis
- Training and Organizational Change Management: Assist and facilitate teams in developing solution transition plans and training; conducting organizational change management activities
- Solution implementation: executing project implementation activities to install; monitor and manage solution in whole or in phases
- Implementation assurance: facilitate the work of teams in monitoring and correcting the solution to create a stable operational system for ongoing use
- Project Closeout: conducting lessons learned workshops; archiving project artifacts and documentation; measuring business objectives to compare with project outcomes; turning over solution to operational management
The qualified candidate(s) will possess:
- Medium to Large-scale project experience
- Very strong skills in managing project management systems and tools, including CA Clarity and MS Project applications
- Tracking Key Process Indicators
- Strong facilitation and team leadership capabilities
- Solid understanding of Project Management and Systems Development lifecycles
- Verbal and written communication agility
Duties: Under the general direction of management and defined project leadership, implements and operates critical project management processes within PMLC guidelines and best practice. Assists in the development, creation and maintenance of project plans, artifacts and associated reporting. Assists with financial reporting and controls as directed. Works with other projects and PMs to integrate and manage project plans, tasks and reporting. Communicates formally and informally with project leadership as directed. Works independently with diverse groups to proactively identify and execute on areas where project tools, project process or project infrastructure can be used to facilitate better outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Candidate may substitute 3 years of work experience for 1 year of education.
- At least five, preferably seven years of medium to large-scale project experience in a project management role.
- At least five, preferably seven years of strong experience with project planning, resource planning, work plan development, and project management processes.
- At least five, preferably seven years in the use of MS Project and CA Clarity Project Management tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to gather and provide information effectively when under pressure, regardless of audience.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and have exceptional collaboration skills with all levels of business and technical staff.
- Strong organization, planning, problem solving, and decision making skills. Comfortable prioritizing and managing multiple tasks with minimal direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Complete fluency in speaking and writing in the English language is required.
- Experience with multiple project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, LEAN)
- Preferred five years of medium to large-scale project experience in a project management role.
- Preferred five years of strong experience with project planning, resource planning, work plan development, and project management processes.
- Preferred five years in the use of MS Project and CA Clarity Project Management tools.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) including: requirements gathering, design, development, testing, training, quality assurance, development methods/techniques, testing methods/techniques and implementation planning and execution.
- PMI certification preferred.
- Experience with enterprise project portfolio management development.
NO THIRD PARTIES, NO SUB-CONTRACTORS, NO CORP to CORP
Data Resource Technologies Inc. is an Information Technology Staffing Firm serving the markets of the United States of America; the greatest country in the world. We work with Direct Clients Only and do not participate in multi layer contracts. Earn The Most Possible and put over 60 years of Information Technology Industry experience to work for you today, Call or Apply NOW!!!