The Senior Project Manager works with other Project Managers to monitor cost, schedule, and technical performance of component projects and operations, while working to ensure the ultimate success of the program. The PM is generally responsible for determining and coordinating the sharing of resources among their constituent projects to the overall benefit of the program. Usually responsible for stakeholder management particularly stakeholders external to the organization.
In this role, you can look forward to:
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the coordinated management of multiple related projects which are directed toward a common objective. Accountable for delivering programs on time, within budget, and within scope. This individual will lead and coordinate cross-functional, cross-departmental, cross-company teams that are responsible for all aspects of a project, from initiation to closure. The Senior Project Manager acts as a mentor for more junior members of the department.
Ensures project methodologies, project delivery processes, and implementation management processes are followed. This includes managing and driving:
• Project Schedule
• Risk and Issue Management
• Scope Change Management
Manages the program budget. This includes understanding and validating estimates, cost variance tracking, and managing project resources effectively. Provides clear and concise project communication, both written and verbal to multiple levels of the company. Facilitates/manages program communications and stakeholder, client, and program team expectations. Makes complex decisions and recommendations under limited direction and using high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• 5+ years of experience or equivalent.
• Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever changing order of priorities, dynamic environment.
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field of study is required, and other hands-on experience will be considered.
• PMP Certified
• Team player and can work as an individual contributor.
• Initiative and solution driven in addressing issues on a timely manner.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Clarity, Jira, Microsoft Project
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Proven success in delivering programs within budget and specified timeframes, while ensuring customer satisfaction
• Proven problem-solving skills from problem assessment to solution selection
• Ability to identify alternatives and make contingency plans
• Capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities
• Ability to handle multiple programs and assignments
• Performs duties under limited supervision, applying a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures.