Account Manager/Project Manager
Location: Arlington, VA or telecommute
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Inspire, the largest social network for patients and caregivers, has significant product development initiatives ahead to help drive online member growth and sales to top pharmaceutical, research, and medical device companies and their agencies. We are seeking a Project Manager in our Arlington, VA office who loves connecting with customers, enjoys solving complex problems and is passionate about health.
The Project Manager reports to the Director, Client Services and works closely with our business development directors, engineering team, marketing and product managers to lead project development from conception to launch. As part of this team, you will bridge the technical and business worlds, translating between the two to help us define and implement projects for pharmaceutical clients. In this role you will:
- Apply your practical experience to assist with launching projects, including the adoption of best practices, process improvements, and risk mitigation plans.
- Work closely with the client to determine their needs while staying within scope of the contract.
- Provide frequent communication between the client and other project stakeholders.
- Evaluate project requests and work to ensure project requirements are fulfilled.
- Act as liaison between client, business owners and technical staff
- Track progress and maintain status reports.
- Assist with organization and facilitation of project planning, retrospectives, and release planning.
WHAT WE NEED
Our next teammate will have skills and/or knowledge that includes:
- 3-5 years project management experience, including collecting requirements, coordinated scoping, scheduling, deployment, and communicating project status across a broad organization.
- 3-5 years experience working directly with clients and customers, preferably pharmaceutical companies.
- Clear understanding of basic business operations.
- Digital marketing and advertising experience
- Proven knowledge of engineering operations and product lifecycle processes, tools and metrics.
- Demonstrated track record of clarifying requirements, defining project plans, tracking progress, and providing visibility with product or engineering team leads.
- A team-oriented, collaborative attitude with the ability to foster cooperation between project stakeholders.
- Ability to guide initiatives with shifting requirements and priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; experience presenting complex concepts and information to customers and senior management. (Experience translating between tech and English.)
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Ability to succeed and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive salary and benefits
Health insurance, including dental and vision
401(k) retirement plan with matching
A corporate mission that benefits society
Talented, creative co-workers
Flexible work schedule
Inspire was founded in 2005 out of our interest in health, our personal experiences with difficult health issues, and the vision that we could use the Internet to improve patients' and caregivers’ ability to find support. We believe patient centricity is the future of healthcare.
Inspire’s mission is to bring people together and to accelerate medical research. We have developed focused member groups and partnered with over 100 non-profit patient advocacy organizations, including the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance, National Osteoporosis Foundation, Arthritis Foundation, National Psoriasis Foundation, and Genetic Alliance, to provide online patient communities in a safe, privacy-protected environment. Members are resources for each other sharing health information and support without regard to location, background, or status. Together they reduce the feelings of isolation experienced by those with chronic conditions, cancer, rare diseases. We all believe that “Together we’re better.”
From marketers, designers, to software engineers and healthcare product experts, we are a diverse community with the goal of changing the patient and caregiver experience through community.