Fulcrum’s leadership in Pivotal Performance is a very basic but steadfast commitment to customer satisfaction. It is a philosophy that permeates our corporate culture and provides the backbone for our business processes. Fulcrum brings people and technology together to make our customers’ mission successful.
Our Technology services are at the core of what our company was founded on and a corner stone to our success. Fulcrum provides expert solutions to challenges in the areas of Technology, Research and Development Services, Cyber Security, Intelligence Analysis and Operations, Healthcare, and Mission Systems. We are seeking a Project Manager to support our customer at the Department of Education.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage the implementation life cycle for the project, focusing on project scheduling and the on-time delivery of high quality, reliable and easy to use systems in an Agile development environment.
- Assist in driving innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities.
- Provide domain-specific expertise and overall software applications leadership, perspective and advice to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Actively participate in calls, meetings and presentations with co-workers and high level representatives from partner companies and vendors working on the program.
- Provide guidance, based on organizational policy on configuration management/application lifecycle best practices
- Ensure project is completed on time and within budget.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks with enthusiasm and creativity.
- Respond to direct tasking from the Project Director, Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) for the project.
- Work with senior management to provide updates regarding contractor team activities, schedule and budget updates, and regular interfacing with customer.
- Manage a team of 5 - 10 technical staff working on the project.
- Oversee and assist with analyzing business requirements.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
- Assist in the development of monthly progress reports detailing work performed, schedule of activities, and issues/concerns arising or potentially arising in the following month’s efforts, submitted by the second Friday of each month.
- Study and become expert in the depth and breadth of the program.
- Participate in system deployment tasks that will require knowledge of IIS and/or AWS
- Use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Conduct occasional travel within the DC metro area and nationwide as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned, as necessary .
Bachelor’s degree in a Information Systems or equivalent
- A qualified candidate for the Project Manager position MUST possess the following:
- An undergraduate degree majoring in a technical field
- Highly self-motivated with excellent technical and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to communicate both technical and non-technical information clearly and succinctly in discussions, presentations and answers to questions from customers
- Proven experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. Government Public Trust
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- 10 years of experience in a technical environment/field
Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Fulcrum is an information technology (IT) company based in Centreville, Virginia, that provides IT solutions and services for federal, state, local, and commercial customers. Fulcrum specializes in the areas of Technology Services, Cyber Security, Intelligence, Analysis & Operations, Missions Systems, Health Care and Human Capital.
Fulcrum is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
“CJ” *MON* #Dice