11505 W Dodge Rd, Omaha, NE, USADivision:
Cox CommunicationsJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Cox Communications is searching for a Technical Project Manager II who will plan, organize, secure, and manage resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives. Projects are temporary endeavors with defined beginning and end and are usually constrained by time and resources. You will partner with project stakeholders, internal customers, external vendors, and cross-functional teams. Common deliverables typically include the project charter, scope definition, requirements documents, work activities, project schedule, risk register, communication plan, resource plan, risk management plan, procurement plans, project budget, quality control plan, status updates, reporting, and tracking. Primary Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Leads medium/large and/or moderately complex projects under moderate to minimal supervision. Projects typically span across organizations (departments) but may also directly affect business unit and/or entire company
- Budget management typically includes tracking and monitoring spend to project milestones
- Develops detailed project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet needs of customers
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations
- Develops and executes management plans for time, cost, scope, quality, communications, risk, human resources, procurement and integration
- Reports on project progress throughout the project lifecycle or specific phases within the Solutions Delivery Life cycle (SDLC)
- Communicates major milestones and identifies potential project risks; conducts regular status meetings to review project activities; manages prioritization procedures
- Measures progress toward goals and revises project objectives; documents applying change control procedures. Produce and report on KPIs and metrics
- Anticipates and identifies tasks required to support change processing including performing change impact analysis, assigning tasks to project team members, verbally communicating complex issues, verifying that tasks are completed, and communicating implementation status
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders and project resources to drive key decisions and ensure timely project completion
- Engages with full ownership to manage internal/ external customer escalations Qualifications: Minimum:
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 3 years of experience in related field (i.e. Change management, process improvement, project management, Engineering, Technical Operations) or academic equivalent training or projects.
- Working knowledge of engineering or related processes
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills. Preferred:
- BS/BA degree in related discipline (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree).
- Experience in telecommunications industry
Who We AreAbout Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.