Our client is currently seeking a Project Manager II
Client is seeking a Project Manager II to join a financial services team in Washington, DC. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in one of the largest technology replacements in history. Responsible for the performance of a medium to large sized technical project, several small or medium sized projects, or a definable portion of a larger technical program in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
* As a Project Manager II, you will direct and supervise all support resources for the performance of project assignments and activities, and will manage a project through the design, implementation and testing phases in accordance with project objectives.
* You will be required to use our client's program management tools to manage project work plans, issues, risks, and dependencies.
* In addition, you will be responsible for producing status reports, conducting status meetings and facilitating issue resolution and risk management sessions.
Qualifications & Requirements:
* 6-8+ Years of progressive IT experience
* 4-6+ years of relevant SDLC project management experience (Waterfall/Agile a plus)
* Proficiency with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
* Excellent planning skills using industry planning applications (i.e. Microsoft Project) and methodologies
* Attention to detail, and strong communication, negotiation, client facing and client relationship building skills
* Ability to resolve technical issues and to manage, coordinate and guide a project team
* Strong issue resolution and risk management skills
* Ability to manage complex projects
* Previous experience using project management methodologies