About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. Retail Business Services operates across seven campuses in the Greater Charlotte, Harrisburg, D.C., Portland, Boston and Chicago Areas. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com. To stay updated with the latest news, follow Retail Business Services on LinkedIn (@Retail-Business-Services) and Twitter (@RBServicesNews).
Position Title: Project Manager III
Position Location: Quincy, MA
Deliver simple to use business processes and systems to budget and timeline that allow for business benefits and increased return on IT Capex.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leadership. Lead and inspire IT teams in the area of Project & Program Management to develop and establish a high performing and service driven culture that will deliver high productivity
• Establish a project management community which is a beacon of excellence within Ahold Delhaize.
• Attract, develop, appraise and coach associates to ensure talent development and succession planning.
• Challenge current status and drive changes to improve business performance and productivity.
• Drive development of next generation IT talent by implementing career paths to enhance associate performance.
2. Project Management: development, execution and delivery of project plan
• Using the Retail Business Services methodology for planning and execution, deliver a detailed project plan that is agreed upon with stakeholders, adhering to Retail Business Services methodology and standards.
• Confirm project scope and generate detailed work estimate using IT estimation techniques and past experience.
• Set up of project organization and staffing of project activities.
• Schedule the work within the time, budget and quality constraints and document assumptions and risks.
• Develop project plan and obtain stakeholder agreement
• Ensure delivery of the project according to time, quality and budget constraints in line with sponsor's expectations, using the Retail Business Services methodology
• Manage the work using the work plan defined in the Project Plan.
• Manage issues/risks, quality resources, dependencies, and partners and escalate if necessary in a timely matter
• Ensure proper project closure, including the contribution to the PM Community
3. Project Monitoring & Control: Define project requirements and continuously monitor that the solution delivers the agreed upon results.
• Works with PMO on correct and timely reporting according to the standards
• Monitors and control critical project dependencies preventing these dependencies to become issues for the overall project.
• Manages stakeholders involvement and commitment including the steering committee
• Manages compliance to standards and procedures
• Ensures that proper unit, systems integration and user acceptance testing is completed with the required documentation and the appropriate point in the life cycle.
• Provides the input to post implementation reviews
4. Risk, Compliance and Security. Plan and execute a project management process in a way that will ensure compliance to security, privacy and regulatory aspects of all projects.
• Adhere to the architectural principles and policies to the security, privacy and compliance regimes.
5. Operational supplier management. Manage supplier performance to ensure that suppliers provide their contribution to the project according to contractual agreements and within the agreed budget and schedule.
• Manages plan versus actuals regarding quality, budget and timelines as per the contractual agreements and analyzing data where needed for insight in possible issues in delivery.
• Maintains Retail Business Services and vendor stakeholder involvement and manage communication within Retail Business Services and between vendors.
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• BSc in relevant field, Agile Project Management
• Fluent in English (in word and in writing)
• 4-6 years of relevant experience