Manages projects throughout the project lifecycle, from proposal and defining requirements to project planning and implementation, using extensive input from industry and/or business unit subject matter experts. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans with substantial latitude for independent actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems or needs. Maintains extensive contact with internal customers and subject matter experts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conducts preliminary investigations for all project requests. Reviews requirements, specifications and testing. Ensures training plans are aligned with organizational priorities, business plans and objectives.
* Provides a proactive interface for project stakeholders and senior management teams to ensure business requirements are completely and accurately defined. Ensures business applications are delivered.
* Refines and implements project management methodologies, tools and practices to provide continuous process improvement.
* Selects and manages project teams. Manages such teams throughout the project lifecycle including planning, assigning, scheduling, monitoring and reviewing project activities, as well as evaluating individual performance upon project completion.
* Conducts interviews, compiles and analyzes responses, and creates business cases for projects.
* Participates in root cause analysis in order to recommend appropriate actions to improve productivity and efficiency.
* Identifies, defines and documents complex business and technical requirements, processes and deliverables.
* Develops, prepares, presents and maintains project plans including staffing requirements, cost estimates, detailed budgets and work breakdown structures and schedules.
* Performs project risk assessments by identifying key risk factors, providing effective mitigation strategies, and assigning contingency action plans to both schedules and budgets.
* Applies established project methodologies to manage projects: uses change control templates and processes, manages time and recording activities using defined scheduling tools, monitors budgets, and coordinates resource acquisition and utilization.
* Serves as the liaison between internal customers and external suppliers. Communicates regularly with project stakeholders.
* Delivers systems on appropriate platforms in compliance with established technology standards. Monitors testing and executes quality assurance checks to ensure the system meets information technology acceptance criteria prior to implementation.
* Performs project evaluations and participates in post-project quality monitoring.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge of: Functional, operational and technical requirements of all systems used by assigned functional areas. Application development and project life cycle methodologies and standards. Project selection and approval, budgeting and business case preparation and analysis, as well as work breakdown structures and forecasting. Concepts of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering. Information technology support and technical documentation. Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations. Business planning and analysis. Project budget interfaces with other accounting systems.