Requisition Number: 73774
We're looking for an experienced, passionate and professional Project Manager
to join our Charlotte, NC
team. This is not a remote opportunity.
The Project Manager is a project leader who plans, organizes and controls various size and complexity projects from project initiation through project completion and operational handoff. The Project Manager has a strong understanding of the practices, concepts, and procedures related to project delivery, and understands the methodology (waterfall, agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc), tools, and governance in performing this role. The Project Manager understands the nuanced and dynamic role of the Project Manager in a consulting relationship, and can balance the needs of the client, the delivery team, the project or product, and internal leadership to accomplish the stated objectives.
The ideal Project Manager has the following skills and behaviors:
- Strong writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Capacity for or existing knowledge of technical details and understanding of Insight's core capabilities
- Skilled in identifying risks & issues related to a project, and proactively communicating and mitigating them through active problem-solving activities
- Accountable to the quality and efficiency of project delivery by owning the outcome
- Assertive leadership with team-building, client communications, facts and outcomes, and problem resolution.
- Curious to learn more about best practices, technical knowledge, other perspectives, client experiences, and self-improvement
- Knows when to empower teams to solve problems autonomously and when to manage and drive task-level work to accomplish specific objectives
- Communicates effectively to the appropriate audience, from executive to technical delivery teams
- Effectively manages conflict directly and timely, and focuses on team-based resolution
- Comfortable with uncertainty
- Inclusive with communications to all necessary stakeholders
- Thorough and timely with administrative requirements
- Transparent and honest with mistakes, collaborating toward a path forward
- Adept at creating, communicating, and managing project budgets and schedules
- Practiced at identifying, communicating, and tracking project dependencies and constraints
- 6+ years experience as a Project Manager or in an Agile role (Scrum Master, Product Owner)
- 6+ years IT experience in project, product, or operational roles
- 6+ years SDLC experience.
- Experience with waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies
- Requirements Management experience using modern software tools
- Project Management experience using modern project management tools (MS Project, Asana, SharePoint, JIRA, Clarity, Excel, Salesforce, etc).
- Experience managing a project team of 7+ resources.
- Experience with project planning, scheduling, tracking and reporting
- Experience with project risk, defect and issue management.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Experience in Change Management, Software Configuration Management, and Quality Management.
- Effective communication between business units and IT.
- PMP certification (PMP, CAPM)
- Agile certification (PSM, CSM, ACP)
- 2 years of consulting experience
- Process improvement
- Requirements management & business analysis
- Training and mentoring
- Six Sigma, CMM or TQM experience
- Formal training in Project Management, UML/SDLC, Requirements Management, Estimating or Quality Assurance
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here .Internal teammate application guidelines:
Do you know someone who would make a great Insight teammate?
- Meet the minimum qualifications and requirements of the position;
- Have completed twelve (12) months service in their current position; six (6) months of service in warehouse roles;
- Not be under a disciplinary evaluation or suspension period;
- Have satisfactory performance in their current position;
- Have their current manager/supervisor recommendation
Referrals are the best way to build quality teams - and a great way for you to earn a little extra cash. Please visit the Teammate Referral Policy page on Inside.Insight to find out how you can refer someone to this job at Insight.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: [[Charlotte]] || [[NC]] || [[USA]] || [[Project Manager]] || [[Agile]] || [[Waterfall]] ||Nearest Major Market:
Charlotte Job Segment:
Project Manager, Consulting, Developer, Manager, Quality Assurance, Technology, Management