Position: IT Project Manager
Summary: Position requires a minimum of 2 years experience with a focus on Project Management either in school or a Certificate process through the PMI or similar. Exposure to PMO, PMP or PMI preferred. Must have experience with MS Project or other types of Project Management Software. Must possess the ability to manage internal and external resources and track project progress, report on project stoppers and maintain the project budget
Company Information: Client is an IT Managed Services Provider specializing in providing managed services to small and medium sized companies and government entities in the Northeast as well as engineering and IT consulting projects to large enterprises. They pride themselves in their ability to provide ample training opportunities , technical growth, and advancement.
Company offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including 401(k) with
company contributions, company funded HSA, health and dental insurance plans, as well as
paid vacations and holidays
Duties: As project manager ensure that project objectives are attained on time and within budget. Responsibilities will include designing schedules, assessing risks, recruiting team members, monitoring staff and sub-contractors, budgeting, and tracking progress.
- Work with sales partner project managers to successfully manage our client technology upgrades and new installations.
- Work with sales and engineering teams to successfully manage our client technology upgrades and new installations.
- Lead all aspects of projects, including resource planning, resource allocation, project documentation, client engagement and change management.
- Address and resolve project risks, roadblocks, and obstacles while securing resources to efficiently complete deliverables.
- Delegate tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Serve as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Develop/utilize standard project management practices and tools for project tracking.
- Schedule and chair weekly/biweekly project meetings and distribute minutes.
- Become proficient in Client’s CRM procedures and workflow utilizing Salesforce.com
- Become proficient in creating project schedules utilizing Microsoft Project or Smartsheet web-based project tracker.
- Assist the sales team in the development of IT implementation scopes when needed.
- Assist the client services group to develop a standard, repeatable project close process. participate in the Project Management Institute’s local chapter to continue to build Client’s project management discipline and build relationships.