Boston, MA Description: Project Manager Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work in multiple roles including Facilitator, Project Manager, Consultant, Coordinator, Process Change Analyst, and business analyst •
Define the scope, objectives, and deliverables of the project including the review of user requests and participate in decision making activities regarding project feasibility, prioritization, and direction from a technical perspective.
• Develop detailed work plan tasks, identifying priorities and resources to implement the defined initiatives.
• Maintain the Modernization budget, invoices, and resource spreadsheet repository. Track and report the status of the Technical Infrastructure, Interface, and Conversion Sub-Project efforts and communicate the status to the various stakeholders.
• Lead efforts to draft and submit Firewall and IP requests, track requests to completion and work with teams to run the necessary tests.
• Lead efforts to draft, review and post systems outage notifications.
• Lead efforts to support Lessons Learned post release sessions and provide the draft outcome summary.
• Work with the MMIS Director to track and report on new and ongoing contract amendments.
• Identify resource needs, interview candidates for internal positions, and supervise contract staff in the areas of Technical Infrastructure, Interface, and Conversion.
• Work with the selected MMIS vendor on managing, developing, reviewing, and monitoring specific deliverables as needed to support the MMIS implementation projects in the areas of technical enhancements and infrastructure, and conversion initiatives.
• Manage sub-project teams and be responsible for their deliverables to support the overall MMIS implementation. •
Review, cross-reference materials and analyze KPI reports to validate monthly reports are accurate and meet the KPI criteria. If redundancy is identified notify the MMIS director.
• Develop well written - proofed - documentation, i.e., business, and technical requirements, technical analysis reports, and other required documentation creation or emails, etc.
• Regularly prepare stakeholder progress reporting on business process improvement efforts, including status reports and presentations. •
Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications: Skills, Knowledge, Certifications
• Broad knowledge of system development lifecycle.
• Broad knowledge of testing approaches and techniques for certifying software acceptance. •
Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Excel. Specifically working with formulas and pivot tables. •
Strong organizational skills, follow through skills and detail oriented.
• Expertise in stakeholder management.
• Expertise in incident management, issue management, and risk management.
• Expertise in working in an IT organization across many streams of work.
• Excellent interpersonal skills - the ability to work independently - the ability to work in project teams with a broad audience providing relevant support.
• Highly analytical and able to analyze situations or conflicts and confidently make decisions and recommendations.
• Experienced in reviewing the work of business analysts and test analysts to ensure well-defined requirements contribute to defined functional use cases.
• Experienced in performing business analysis and software testing.
• Prior experience working in a healthcare or government setting with a strong knowledge base in healthcare insurance principles, eligibility, Medicaid, and Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS), desired. Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or University degree.
• 5 years or more hands-on project management experience.
• 5 years or more working in an IT environment supporting software solutions.
• Strong analytical, verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (OR) equivalent desired. Contact: email@example.com
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com