Orange, CT Description:
Our client is currently seeking a Project Manager who will provide recommendations on costs, schedules and other factors for construction and operations of proposed or existing energy facilities.
The incumbent will also manage project activities, including budgeted cost and schedule, during the engineering, procurement, and construction phases of the projects.This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Responsible for developing design, procurement, and construction contracts during project pre-construction phases.
- Directs project engineers and construction site managers to ensure that project milestones are met safely, on schedule, and within budget.
- Responsible for negotiation and management of engineering, procurement, and construction ("EPC") activities.
- Responsible for owner's project management during project implementation phases on multiple wind and thermal energy projects.
- Leads a team of professionals who provide technical expertise and project support through design, construction, commissioning, and operations.
- Provides periodic updates to company senior management group on project activities, progress, and issues.
- Develop a safety awareness culture, emphasized at the personal workplace, within project designs and throughout construction and operation.
- Assists with technical due diligence in conjunction with other departments.
- Responsible for effective forecasting of Company's capital budget spending on assigned projects.
- Responsible for providing support to plant operations, including plant and process improvements, equipment acquisition, plant breakdown analysis, and recommending corrective actions.
- Ensures process feedback mechanisms are implemented and utilized for identifying process efficiencies and improvements, including process and functional quality audits, and focusing on Company strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or related study.
- 10 years' experience in project engineering and construction of electric generation projects.
- 5 years' experience in project development or management.
- A working knowledge of construction law, contracts, claims avoidance, insurance, and contract administration is preferred.
- Proficiency using personal computer tools such as Word, Excel, and Primavera P6.
- Ability to foster and participate in a productive team environment by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Ability to analyze project risks and proactively identify solutions with a flexible, creative, and solution-focused outlook on problem solving.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com