CGI seeks a Project Manager. Project Management Professional (PMP) desired.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or a related field or equivalent work experience and 5-7 years of IT project management experience
- Oversee that a technical functional group's process and procedures are followed
- Understanding of software development life-cycle processes with an ability to effectively communicate between business and technical stakeholders
- Creating implementation plans and leading the Project team to track the deliverables / tasks from initiation to closure
- Near shore and off-shore team management
- Escalate to the appropriate manager if project guidelines are not being met
- Conduct weekly or daily project meetings and produce a weekly status report
Your future duties and responsibilities
- You will lead and manage project teams consisting of SME's, Architects and Technical resources
- We would want you to work with management to ensure that appropriate resources have been assigned to the project
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Review project guidelines with the team
- Ensure clarity of roles by defining each team member’s deliverable for the project
- Create and track a project plan and task break down (or product backlog and sprint burn down for Scrum
- Establish and track project milestones and deliverables between functional groups
- Work with project team to pro-actively identify and manage risks/issues and decisions during the life of the project
- Work with stakeholders and functional managers to manage the scope, timeline and quality of the deliverables
We understand that success in the IT services business is contingent on retaining and attracting the best talent - talent like you. At CGI, our team of professionals is dedicated and driven to help our clients succeed.
At our Lafayette Center, we are looking for experienced professionals and graduating students interested in IT careers, focusing on those with demonstrated experience in IT and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills.
While most companies have a vision and mission, CGI goes a step beyond. We have a company dream: "To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of." This dream emphasizes the enjoyment and ownership principles that are essential to CGI's success.
In fact, we strive to create an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered and engaged as owners to build their company and grow their careers. This dream as well as our values are what set us apart -