We are seeking a PMO Project Manager to oversee the adoption and enforcing of PMO methodology. The selected candidate will be responsible for working closely with PM's from all divisions of the organization to ensure all projects/programs are following the methodology. In this role they will work as a mentor to the other PMs including training them to work with the tools and techniques and using the processes that are defined. This Project Manager will also work in continuously enhancing the processes that govern projects.
- Mentoring new project managers on the project tools and techniques.
- Define/Refine KPI's that will be used to measure Project/Program.
- Applying organization PM methodology and enforces project standards.
- Oversee projects/programs for deviation from defined measurements and remedial action.
- Conduct regular training on methodology and tools utilized for all participants.
- Measure and Track project performance/exposure throughout its lifecycle.
- Develop/Update documents to support Projects/Programs methodology.
- Develop/Update dashboard for different roles to cater to their needs.
- Conduct Audits for projects/programs that breach the acceptable KPI variances.
- Develop ad-hoc reporting as required by executives.
- Evaluate feedback on PMO to improve on PMO activities and performances.
- Conduct Post Project Benefit tracking review and reporting on the findings to executives.
- Develop benchmark and trends based on data collected from projects/programs.
- Conduct data analytics to derive knowledge from data available. Put in action the knowledge gained from this analysis.
- Assist in propagating the changes across cabinet.
- Work closely with all divisions to gradually achieve higher maturity.
- Advise if required on different aspect of project approach (Waterfall, Agile).
- Assist in developing/enhancing the tools to adapt to new requirements based on knowledge gained.
- Ability to present concepts and secure buy in from participants.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- 3+ years experience as a Project Manager, including demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies, and methods.
- Bachelors degree in IT or related field
- Professional Project Management Certification.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
- Agile certification from accredited intuition preferred.
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality.
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing talent in project stream.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts.
- Possess general understanding in the areas of application programming, database, and system design.
- Self-managed, highly motivated and has a strong drive for results.
- Skilled in managing a team.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others.
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams.
- Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles.