Focus: Project Management experience with industrial experience and development of quality processes.
The project manager will work directly with the design engineering team and manage NPI (New Product Introduction) industrial robotic projects.
- Understand Marketing Requirement Documents (MRD) and put together product specifications for new industrial robots to respond to the MRDs.
- Provide project schedules, resource allocation and project planning throughout all life-cycles of the product: from planning phase to production.
- Have a working knowledge of regulatory requirements, risk assessment and reduction when it comes to designing industrial products/systems.
- Provide accurate financial forecasts.
- Ensure that projects are completed according to project plans.
- Work with a cross-functional team of engineers, including mechanical, electrical, software, systems engineers, quality, and manufacturing.
- Represent Omron in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner.
Senior -- Able to provide high-level project management with minimal supervision
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical, or Mechanical in Engineering from a four year college or related technical school. Master's degree in Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience developing industrial products, preferably industrial robots.
- Experience with development quality processes.
- Experience with Project Management software.
- Experience with Agile PLM or similar lifecycle management software.
- Skilled with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and MS Project.
- Sound electro-mechanical knowledge as pertains to industrial products.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Analytical skills to diagnose issues, collect data, and organize data for further review with engineers.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Occasional international travel to work with worldwide teams.